Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Personality Traits & Bedroom Behavior

Personality Traits & Bedroom Behavior
natnabour
Forum Regular
Nov 9, 2007, 06:51 PM

Ok. So my coworker and I have been having this conversation for the past few hours (work? who works?). It all started off with how different people vocalize physical pleasure and pain.

We went through people who are in tune with their bodies, the threshold of pain variance, the nervous system, how senstivie someone is, the whole bit. Now, since neither of us have been in EXTREME pain before (except for myself, passing kidney stones) - we based our conclusion purely on sex.

Does your personality determine how loud or quiet you are in bed? If you're outgoing - loud. If you're shy - quiet. In our case, we found our previous partners to hold true to this statement.

Looking back, do you see the same trend? Or is it mixed?

I know a number of guys (and girls, not from personal experience) who are quiet in bed. We know sex feels good (or at least it should - some don't like it that way). Is there a reason why they don't vocalize it? Is it cause they generally don't vocalize physical pleasure or pain? Is it cause they're not comfortable with their own voice/sound? What do you think?

I wouldn't generally post something so.........sexual? But since this is the biggest forum I visit, I thought I'd get the most responses/opinion on this.

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Nov 9, 2007, 06:55 PM

if the copes don't show up because of a noise complaint; you aren't doing it right.

we are animals. do animals keep quiet?

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 9, 2007, 07:06 PM

I used to date a girl that made goat like noises during climax. I had to bury my face in the pillow many times to stop from laughing after my roomate at the time started making the same sounds after everything was done and over with.

TheWOAT
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 9, 2007, 07:35 PM

LOL@Kevin. Goat noises?

I would agree with the OP.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Nov 10, 2007, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by residentEvil View Post
if the copes don't show up because of a noise complaint; you aren't doing it right.

we are animals. do animals keep quiet?
Well.. yes. Usually animals don't make any special noise when having intercourse. For the record.

I agree with the first part though.

V
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

torsoboy
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2007, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
Well.. yes. Usually animals don't make any special noise when having intercourse. For the record.
Except for cats. Man I hate hearing those things wailing at night. Though I heard once that it is painful to the female, so that might be what all the racket is about. Anyway, I hate having cats that live close by.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 10, 2007, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by torsoboy View Post
Except for cats. Man I hate hearing those things wailing at night. Though I heard once that it is painful to the female, so that might be what all the racket is about. Anyway, I hate having cats that live close by.
I would file this under "painful" for sure:

(via Wiki)
The male cat's penis has spines which point backwards. Upon withdrawal of the penis, the spines rake the walls of the female's vagina, which may cause ovulation.

I don't know if personality determines how you will be in the sack, but in my experience its hit or miss. Some chicks are shy and quiet in person, and crazy in bed.

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Nov 10, 2007, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by voodoo View Post

I agree with the first part though.

V
yes, they do. guess you have never been in the wild when animals are doing it? monkeys (okay, that was in a zoo)? deer? hell, even cats do. most animals take by force or use force during intercourse. there is lots of sounds.

Mithras
Professional Poster
Nov 10, 2007, 09:56 AM

I know a girl who's the mildest, most polite & quiet person in conversation. In bed, however, she's a noisy one. In a sense I think both behaviors derive from the same trait, of wanting to meet societal expectations of some kind.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 10, 2007, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by TheWOAT View Post
LOL@Kevin. Goat noises?

I would agree with the OP.
Yeah.. or sheep noises.. something he was claiming. And she DID make funny baahahaaaaaa noises. I wont even go into the faces she'd make.
She was also multi-orgasmic. I was jealous. One time after about the 5th one I guess it felt "too" good or something and she started hitting the bedpost with her fist. She was your average gal too.. not freaky or anything. I am not saying this trying to brag about my sexual abilities. This was all her obviously.

Salty
Professional Poster
Nov 10, 2007, 08:16 PM

One of the guys at my Church once said, "I've never met a gay boy raised in a conservative environment that wasn't at least a lil kinky" The funny thing was, there were five of us in the room, not a single one made any sort of objection. I pointed out and we all doubled over laughing.

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 10, 2007, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Salty View Post
One of the guys at my Church once said, "I've never met a gay boy raised in a conservative environment that wasn't at least a lil kinky" The funny thing was, there were five of us in the room, not a single one made any sort of objection. I pointed out and we all doubled over laughing.
And this relates to the thread... how exactly?

I know a number of guys (and girls, not from personal experience) who are quiet in bed. We know sex feels good (or at least it should - some don't like it that way). Is there a reason why they don't vocalize it? Is it cause they generally don't vocalize physical pleasure or pain? Is it cause they're not comfortable with their own voice/sound? What do you think?
For me, it just feels very odd. The vocalising part, that is. It doesn’t come naturally, so in order to vocalise, I have to do so consciously, which just makes it weird and strange.

Vocalising pain is different (to me, at least), since it’s either a way of vocalising shock (at sudden, piercing pain) or to draw away attention from the pain itself (not a very efficient one, but an instinctive one). Different people feel sexual pleasure at different levels, and for me at least, it’s not nearly intense enough to warrant such tactics.

(How much of this thread falls into the TMI category?)

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 10, 2007, 09:17 PM

One of the guys at my Church once said, "I've never met a gay boy raised in a conservative environment that wasn't at least a lil kinky". The funny thing was, there were five of us in the room, not a single one made any sort of objection. I pointed out and we all doubled over laughing.
Originally Posted by Oisín View Post
And this relates to the thread... how exactly?
You've been here long enough to know that Salty will use any chance he gets to talk about sexuality, especially homosexuality and his new-found "appreciation" for homosexuality. Let's hope he gets over this navel-gazing phase within a couple years.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 10, 2007, 09:49 PM

That ith thooooo ghey.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Nov 10, 2007, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by torsoboy View Post
My kitten is in heat right now- her first time.... awwww.... OK, she's getting fixed next week.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 11, 2007, 12:24 AM

So me and a bunch of girls were talking at an atheist convention, right, and one of the girls says, "Wow, Chuck is really sexy and very much straight." And the funny thing is nobody else said anything to contradict it. I pointed that out and they all giggled and agreed that I am sexy.

am i doin it rite?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 11, 2007, 07:22 AM

That's some church you go to.
Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
So me and a bunch of girls were talking at an atheist convention, right, and one of the girls says, "Wow, Chuck is really sexy and very much straight." And the funny thing is nobody else said anything to contradict it. I pointed that out and they all giggled and agreed that I am sexy.

am i doin it rite?

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 11, 2007, 04:49 PM

That's some church you go to.
Indeed.

You've been here long enough to know that Salty will use any chance he gets to talk about sexuality, especially homosexuality and his new-found "appreciation" for homosexuality. Let's hope he gets over this navel-gazing phase within a couple years.
I thought it had been a couple of years already... I guess my inner calendar’s slow.

Besides, he usually at least starts with something that’s somehow slightly related to the topic at hand—this one was just out of kilter altogether!

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 11, 2007, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post

am i doin it rite?
Well, you’re obviously doing something right, it would seem

Salty
Professional Poster
Nov 12, 2007, 05:31 PM

OK the post is kinda about sex isn't it? So why is it that I'm getting criticized for mentioning something about sex?

By the way, yesterday the same guy mentioned how he's noticed that the most out going person in a couple is most always "the bottom" it was awkward since he was kinda staring at the most out going person in the room as he said it.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 12, 2007, 05:36 PM

By the way, yesterday the same guy mentioned how he's noticed that the most out going person in a couple is most always "the bottom" it was awkward since he was kinda staring at the most out going person in the room as he said it.
Which was you.

Don't slobber on the pillow. It's not sexy.

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Nov 12, 2007, 05:38 PM

Oh hell, I've been sitting on this image for months, might as well use it.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 12, 2007, 05:40 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules