Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Virex 6??

Virex 6??
haartman
Oct 15, 1999, 11:18 AM

MacNN reports that for OS 9 compatability, you should download the "beta" Virex Control Panel, version 6.0. Did I miss something? I downloaded my upgrade to version 6 about two weeks ago, no mention of it being beta, and it runs just fine under OS 8.6 while I'm waiting for my OS 9 to arrive. Can anyone clarify?

mkbhatia
Administrator
Oct 15, 1999, 11:42 AM

I fixed this; should have said beta 6.01 driver....sorry.

-m

wlonh
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 1999, 12:34 PM

to be very clear, Network Associates has released a BETA of the Virex CONTROL PANEL, and it is version 6.0.1d1...

it does NOT add any functionality for MacOS 8.6 and below, it is of use to MacOS 9.

some people are having difficulties with Virex and OS 9.

Oct 28, 1999, 07:44 PM

I tried running Virex 6.0 *with* the 6.01 beta control panel, and every time I try to use "Virex DropScan" I drop into MacsBug, which sometimes reports an error in Virex and at other times cites the Finder. Has anyone else had the same problem?

In the meantime, I've gone back to v 5.9.1.

wlonh
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 1999, 08:02 PM

At MacFixit you will find a troubleshooting report on Virex 6.0 that you may want to check.

I am not running OS 9 but am using Virex 6.0 with no difficulties, OS 8.6

Oct 29, 1999, 09:48 AM

FWIW, I discovered that my problem (mentioned above) can be eliminated by disabling the "Virex Scheduler" extension.

Forum Links
Forum Rules