Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > os 9.0.4 and usb to scsi converters

os 9.0.4 and usb to scsi converters
rene
May 22, 2000, 02:36 PM

i'm trying to find a usb to scsi converter that will actually work with my pb (firewire) and it's os 9.0.4
so far i've tried 2;
the entrega/xircom and the ariston iconnect.

both connect and mount removables without a problem ( 2 gig jaz drive - and yes i know about the termination and daisy chaining it, i've tried that )
i can open the files on the jaz disk, but cannot copy them to the pb's hd. instead i get a diskerror.
i get the same error when i attempt to copy to the jaz disk.

i tried opening a file and copy pasing the content into a new file and saving that on my pb's hd and that worked without a problem.
but it is impossible to copy the same file.

i have updated all the apple system stuff. i have used the latest iomega drivers and used the latest drivers for both devices but that hasn't improved the situation.

in fact the xircom is slightly better than the iconnect. the xircom only causes a disk error, the icoonect manages to end up in a hardcrash half the time....

any one else out there with similar problems, or better yet, a solution?

thanks

wlonh
Professional Poster
May 26, 2000, 08:50 AM

this topic has been transferred to the powerbook forum

Forum Links
Forum Rules