Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Basic mpg editing app needed

Basic mpg editing app needed
SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
May 15, 2002, 07:23 PM

I would like to find an app (or apps) for OSX that could perform the following functions:

1) I have some MPGs that were split up into series. I would like to take these segments and put them together as one continuous movie.
2) I also have some movies that were split into .m1v and .m1a video and audio tracks. I can open them both at the same time and if I hit "play" quick enough I can get them to sync up pretty well. I would like to combine the audio and video into one self-contained file, however, for the convenience.

So, what apps could do this for me? It's just a few files, so I really don't want to have to pay much, if anything.

dont.wanna.tell
Forum Regular
May 16, 2002, 12:37 AM

As far as I know QuickTime has a menu item "Play all" which allows you to start playing of severall files at the same time.

And theres always copy and paste to bring them together in one file. All with QuckTime pro.

Hope this helps,

cu Martin

SupahCoolX  (op)
Mac Elite
May 16, 2002, 06:42 PM

Thanks. I don't see the "play all" function. Maybe it's a part of QT Pro?

Anyway, it does look like QT Pro will do what I want, but I was hoping to go for less than $30 (especially on a few little things like this that aren't all that important). Any cheaper alternatives?

Forum Links
Forum Rules