Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > My New Baby - Honda Ridgeline

My New Baby - Honda Ridgeline (Page 2)
Alcantara
Banned
Sep 12, 2007, 04:14 PM

It is actually, as I was generally behaving. Then they kept slapping 2 week bans on me for bullshit reasons, and I said screw that. They don't respect even moderation? I don't respect their decisions.

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2007, 04:24 PM

you showed them

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

Alcantara
Banned
Sep 12, 2007, 04:25 PM

Meh. Not really, but I'm not going to play their game either.

MacosNerd  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2007, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
Dude, I wasn't talking about you. The honda ridgelline doesn't even compete in the small penis contest of 'towing abilities'. It was designed around what people ACTUALLY tow, and what they ACTUALY need. .
I was actually responding to ghporter not you. I understand your first post wasn't directed towards me.

It surprised me, never was expecting that type of a post.

I'm happy with my Ridgeline - does what I want it to do

Alcantara
Banned
Sep 12, 2007, 04:29 PM

Heck yes! It is a great vehicle, and if I had the need for towing/offroading and a NEWER vehicle, that'd definitely be on the list. Good luck keeping black clean though. I'm never getting another black vehicle again.

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 12, 2007, 06:57 PM

I'd agree about the "keeping it black" thing. On two points: it'll show dirt and dust really well (like my recently traded Civic Coupe in white!) and dark, rich colors tend to oxidize faster than lighter colors-especially in very sunny places like here in Texas. We got the guaranteed finish protection on both my blue Civic and my wife's VERY red S2000 for this reason. For a relatively small outlay, we're protected from fading and oxidation for (effectively) the life of both cars.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

MacosNerd  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2007, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
I'd agree about the "keeping it black" thing. On two points: it'll show dirt and dust really well (like my recently traded Civic Coupe in white!) and dark, rich colors tend to oxidize faster than lighter colors-especially in very sunny places like here in Texas.
Black and white cares seem to be dirt magnates and it really shows dirt easily. Regardless black makes any vehicle look sharp and the Honda Ridgeline runs great.

I'll be pi$$ing and moaning next month about how poor I am because that's when the car payments are coming but until then I can bask in the glow of a new truck

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 12, 2007, 09:39 PM

Yep, same here. But it's worthwhile-a NEW car for me, a NEW car for my wife, and the flexibility to set up my school and work schedule independently from anyone else is Very Important to me.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2007, 09:42 PM

S2000
Seeing an S with those numbers makes me wanna run right down to the Honda dealer. Amazing car!

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Sep 13, 2007, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
Oh, know what else? This is a free country with something called FREEDOM OF SPEECH, and if I see 'mayons' mainly buying trucks to be more macho than the other 'mayons', I can speak about it. I don't go looking for the approval of some sports fan who's life revolves around other people playing with a ball.

PS: Reported for name calling.

Idiot is name calling? what are you, twelve or something? You haven't the faintest idea what name calling is, you pathetic reach-around.

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Sep 13, 2007, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Yes.

What the...?

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Sep 13, 2007, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
Seeing an S with those numbers makes me wanna run right down to the Honda dealer. Amazing car!
I'd get one if Honda made it to fit someone 6'3". Same with the Vette and the new Goat and all the other awesome sport coupes out there.

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 13, 2007, 05:36 AM

Yep. The fact that his assertion is correct does not at all detract from the intense badness of the way he put it. I agree with his point, but I wish he'd learn to tone it down.
D
Unless you really need towing abilities. Then it's a legit argument.
Originally Posted by Alcantara View Post
Or the mods are just kinda ********s, which is why they kept giving me 2 week 'temp bans' for bullshit that everybody else gets away with, and now they're out to silence me because I don't respect their injust actions.
Rob you know in RL the more people mess up, the less slack they get. And the longer it takes for you to take responsibility for your own actions, the longer you'll keep getting banned.

Believe me. The two are related.
( Last edited by Kevin; Sep 13, 2007 at 05:43 AM. )

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 13, 2007, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by MacosNerd View Post
I hear ya, I feel the same way with Black.

SaltWaterPower
Baninated
Sep 13, 2007, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Unless you really need towing abilities. Then it's a legit argument.
For sure. But how MUCH towing ability do you need? I need something to tow my small boat. I do not need a gigantic truck for it. Depending on tongue weight, one of the hondas might work fine.

Rob you know in RL the more people mess up, the less slack they get. And the longer it takes for you to take responsibility for your own actions, the longer you'll keep getting banned.

Believe me. The two are related.
Uh, I DO take responsibility for my own actions. Was I calling people names and insulting them once I became unbanned back in January? NO. I WASN'T. I was generally being friendly and not causing a problem. Then I got banned for calling a member by a previous username. Suppose someone called you Zimphire. Would they be banned? Nope. Then the mods accused me of calling Railroader Kilbey, when in fact I did no such thing. I was not referring to him, and I mentioned KILBY, which is NOT kilbey. They banned me for that too, even though they were wrong. I let that slide too. Finally, I was banned for not name calling, but responding to posts about the new iMac, and Lataralus banned me for not 'stopping' even though I never saw his demand. That was the last straw. Nobody else gets treated like this on this forum. I was not insulting other members, I was not picking fights, I was merely debating about the iMac's redesign. What really makes me lose respect for the mods around here is **** like this:

Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
Idiot is name calling? what are you, twelve or something? You haven't the faintest idea what name calling is, you pathetic reach-around.
This 'gentleman' can get away with calling me names all day, like he always has. Is he ever punished? Nope. But I get banned for stupid reasons that don't make any sense, and the mods are never held accountable.

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Sep 13, 2007, 01:54 PM

MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Sep 13, 2007, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by stevesnj View Post
"It's weird the way 'finger puppets' sounds ok as a noun..."

SaltWaterPower
Baninated
Sep 13, 2007, 03:56 PM

Look, I really don't ultimately CARE if he calls me names. I don't care what some sports obsessed guy thinks at the slightest (mostly because sports jocks only slightly think ZING!). The issue I have here is that I was getting 2 week temporary bans for bullshit reasons, all the while Kevin is telling me to act responsibly, and other people are allowed to actually break the rules without any repercussions. Dig? It's not that he's calling names or acting like an asshole, it's that I was receiving bans for crap that nobody ever gets banned for, and other people were getting away with everything that I could NEVER do because I'd be be banned instantly.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Sep 13, 2007, 05:49 PM

I'd get one if Honda made it to fit someone 6'3". Same with the Vette and the new Goat and all the other awesome sport coupes out there.
I'm 6'3' and I fit just fine in the S200 as well as the Vette. Never been in a GTO.

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 14, 2007, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by SaltWaterPower View Post
Uh, I DO take responsibility for my own actions.
No. The rest of your post pretty much proves you still aren't.
Originally Posted by SaltWaterPower View Post
Look, I really don't ultimately CARE if he calls me names.
I didn't call you any names. Those pics were in reference to YOUR post. This is what I am referring to Rob. You do things, and don't even realize what you are doing. And you ALWAYS assume it's "The other guy's" fault.
I don't care what some sports obsessed guy thinks at the slightest (mostly because sports jocks only slightly think ZING!).
What does this have to do with anything? (I don't watch or like sports BTW)
The issue I have here is that I was getting 2 week temporary bans for bullshit reasons
They weren't bullshit reason. They were valid reasons. According to every single time you've gotten banned you've claimed it was BS, or you didn't deserve it, or that it was someone else's fault. Not ONE TIME have you ever said "Yeah my bad, I shouldn't have done that"

That either means that the mods are constantly banning you for no reason forever!!1 Or, you may be wrong.
Which is the more realistic choice?
all the while Kevin is telling me to act responsibly, and other people are allowed to actually break the rules without any repercussions. Dig?
Oh I agree with you. That there are certain people that act almost as bad as you that deserve bans too. But it's probably not the people you are thinking of.
It's not that he's calling names or acting like an asshole, it's that I was receiving bans for crap that nobody ever gets banned for, and other people were getting away with everything that I could NEVER do because I'd be be banned instantly.
1. When you've been banned as many times as you have legitimately you get banned more often. This what was happening to me a few years back. I've explained this to you as well.

2. You stop with the act, the bans stop. How do I know this? It worked for me. I haven't been banned in over 2 years. I have only received ONE infraction since it's inception. And that was from tooki. And it was something I did before he announced the infraction scheme.

So stop with the victim act (as if the mods are doing something wrong, and you aren't) Start actually TRYING to be nice to people, and you'll get banned less, or not at all.

Keep acting like you are, and you'll continue to be banned.

I'd be willing to bet money on it.

So no Rob, you are still not taking responsibilities for your actions.
( Last edited by Kevin; Sep 14, 2007 at 06:35 AM. )

MacosNerd  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 14, 2007, 07:49 AM

So no Rob, you are still not taking responsibilities for your actions.
And why do you argue with him. Both of you sound like a broken record and neither of you are going to convince the other. The result is both of you cause any given thread to be hijacked.

In all fairness to Ca$h he didn't hijack this thread (initially). He did surprise me with the ferocity of his comments and they were a little over the top.

People have been telling him to ignore other member's goading and life will be good here at 'nn The same could be said with your arguing with him. Let it go and life will be good here at 'nn. I'm not excusing his actions but people do go out of their way to rattle his cage then others (or the same folks) swoop in with a holier then thou attitude saying how he shouldn't to stay here.

My advice - its only a internet forum, not the UN lets not take it too serious.
Ignore him, its not like you're going to convince him of your point of view (and vice versa).
If he starts getting on your case or posts something that is against the rules report him. The mods have been on top of things and so let them take it of it.

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Sep 14, 2007, 08:06 AM

I find it amusing yet strange that he keeps bringing up the fact that I like college sports!

DakarÊ’
Professional Poster
Sep 14, 2007, 08:27 AM

Don't be. He's a broken record, and you'll here the same complaints from him time and again.

Unless Apple releases an iMac without a great graphics card. then you'll here some new ones.

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 14, 2007, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by MacosNerd View Post
And why do you argue with him. Both of you sound like a broken record and neither of you are going to convince the other. The result is both of you cause any given thread to be hijacked.
I've known Rob a lot longer than MacNN. Me and him used to talk a lot on AIM. You could say at one time we were "internet buddies" He'd ask me questions about things he thought I'd know about and I would him. I also realized Rob at the time was young, and also had a disability. I felt the need to take up for Rob because of this. Not that by doing so I was trying to justify his actions, but I was hoping I could show him how what he was doing, or how he was saying it was going about it all the wrong way. I started this when he'd argue with people about the Neon. While 99.9% Rob was right, he'd always get banned or mess it up because he'd make it personal. And he'd make low blows. I would really pvt msg him, but by the time I've gotten to reply to his posts his accounts are locked. Rob didn't start getting "pissy" with me till he found out my religious beliefs. Which till to this day he chastises me for. Does it hurt my feelings? A little. I thought of Rob as a friend. I didn't figure my religious beliefs would interfere with that. But I still consider Rob a decent guy. He just needs some direction. And for some reason, no one in his life seems to be giving him any.
In all fairness to Ca$h he didn't hijack this thread (initially). He did surprise me with the ferocity of his comments and they were a little over the top.
Those comments hijack threads. When you make said comments of the like, it turns threads into mush. He can't simply make a statement. He has to belittle a group of people, or person while doing so. Rob would be much more effective if he stopped the latter.
People have been telling him to ignore other member's goading and life will be good here at 'nn
He is actually the one usually starting the goading. Regardless of what he claims. So him ignoring the replies to his goading will really do him no service. He needs to change his whole approach. Learn to debate without making fun or belittling people.

Not that we are aren't guilty of this from time to time. We are. Not that any of us are better than Rob. We aren't.

It would also help if Rob wasn't banned. You know, evading your ban usually gets one goaded. Rightfully.
The same could be said with your arguing with him. Let it go and life will be good here at 'nn.
If he is making baseless accusations and lies up about me, I will indeed correct him. Esp when he isn't supposed to be here in the first place. I've tried to tell Rob what it takes to stop getting banned. He wont listen to reason. Someone told me. I humbly followed. But in order to do so, you have to admit you do wrong. Rob never admits in wrong doing. You can never grow, if you don't admit your mistakes. If you keep justifying them, you stay the same.
I'm not excusing his actions but people do go out of their way to rattle his cage then others (or the same folks) swoop in with a holier then thou attitude saying how he shouldn't to stay here.
I want Rob here badly. I've even requested him be unbanned. That however doesn't mean I too do not justify his actions. I just expect him to take responsibilities for his actions. And if he gets banned, he needs to respect that ban. He seems to have a problem with authority. Someone telling him what to do. A oppositional defiant disorder. "I'm not banned unless *I* say so" These actions are him acting out. And people do need to point it out to him. Regardless of what he says in here, he "hears" what I have said.
My advice - its only a internet forum, not the UN lets not take it too serious.
Ignore him, its not like you're going to convince him of your point of view (and vice versa).
If he starts getting on your case or posts something that is against the rules report him. The mods have been on top of things and so let them take it of it.
I ignore lots of his posts. But by request, I will ignore more. Unless of course they directly involve me.

Rob knows what he needs to do to make things right. The ball is now in his court.

The mods have been more than gracious and patient with him. So him belittling them doesn't help matters either.

He needs to be more grateful.

We All Do.
( Last edited by Kevin; Sep 14, 2007 at 08:53 AM. )

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 14, 2007, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
I'm 6'3' and I fit just fine in the S200 as well as the Vette. Never been in a GTO.
I was concerned at first, but with the top up the S2000 is quite comfortable for me, and I'm over 6'2" tall... Honda has a habit of being able to fit people of a huge variety of sizes in the same car; my wife, who is 5'4" fits all of our cars very comfortably, as do I. On the other hand, Corvette seats, while very good, don't quite fit me as well as Honda's. I've never been in either a classic GTO or what passes for one today, but I have been in a Neon...OMG! Not a car for anyone above "average height" as far as I'm concerned.

DakarÊ’
Professional Poster
Sep 14, 2007, 09:20 AM

I do love the S2000. I'd consider getting one for myself if I didn't live in a winter state.

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 14, 2007, 10:22 AM

but I have been in a Neon...OMG! Not a car for anyone above "average height" as far as I'm concerned.
When it came out 94/95 It was one of the ROOMIEST compact cars made. And still is because of the cab forward design.

I haven't really had problems with TALL people in the car, but LARGE people I do... and you'll have that problem with ANY compact car.

But boy are they fun! I can't stand driving large cars, or ATX versions of a car anymore.

I rarely get on the freeway cause I live in town and work is about 10 minutes away. Lots of traveling in the city. And nothing beats a small little 5spd rocket for that. IMHO

The Toyota Celica GT-S is a good one too for this.

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 14, 2007, 08:14 PM

Since every Civic I've ever been in and/or owned has been a "compact" car, I don't see how the Neon could be considered "roomy." I got out of my 92 Civic hatchback at the airport, flew to a different city, and our rental car was a Neon. While I'm not huge, I do have large shoulders-which were not the problem in the Neon. No legroom or headroom was the real problem.

I agree with you about driving large vehicles-it's not terribly comfortable for me.

LyingSack
Baninated
Sep 15, 2007, 02:05 PM

No. The rest of your post pretty much proves you still aren't.
No, it does not.

I didn't call you any names.
I never said you did. In fact, I wasn't even referring to you. Why do you always play the victim Kevin?

Those pics were in reference to YOUR post. This is what I am referring to Rob. You do things, and don't even realize what you are doing. And you ALWAYS assume it's "The other guy's" fault.
I'm not even sure what you're talking about here.

What does this have to do with anything? (I don't watch or like sports BTW)
It has to do with what I said previously: I don't care what a sports jock says about me. What I DO care about is the fact that HE can get away with baiting me, breaking the rules, and insulting other people, but if I do something so much as 'heatedly debate the shortcomings of a new iMac model', I get banned. It's this double standard that is what upsets me. How you cannot see this, yet have faith in a god that never shows himself is beyond me.

They weren't bullshit reason. They were valid reasons.
Bullshit. How many other people in the HISTORY of MacNN have ever been banned for calling someone by a previous username? Answer that question, Kevin. How many people in the history of Macnn were banned for discussing a new version of a mac, WITHOUT calling names, without insulting people, and without breaking the rules? Answer that question too. In both cases, the answer would be ONE person. Me. You cannot possibly argue anything otherwise, because that is the truth.

Also, they banned me for CALLING Railroader Kilbey AGAIN, which never happened. I specifically said KILBY not KILBEY, and I wasn't even referring to him. Yet they claimed I said KILBEY, which I did not do. It's bullshit, and they know it.

According to every single time you've gotten banned you've claimed it was BS, or you didn't deserve it, or that it was someone else's fault. Not ONE TIME have you ever said "Yeah my bad, I shouldn't have done that"
Much like your religion, this statement is also false. I publicly apologized for photoshopping Railroader's kid. I said I shouldn't have done that. I've apologized for many other things, all of which you choose to ignore.

That either means that the mods are constantly banning you for no reason forever!!1 Or, you may be wrong.
Which is the more realistic choice?
That I'm being treated unfairly, people report my posts for stupid reasons, and that some mods just feel like acting like assholes to me because they know they'll get away with it.

Oh I agree with you. That there are certain people that act almost as bad as you that deserve bans too. But it's probably not the people you are thinking of.
Almost as bad as me? What the hell Kevin? Take this thread as a microcosm for example. Did I call anybody names? Nope. Was I banned for it? Yep. Did SportsJock101 call me names and insult me? Yep. Did they do anything about it? Nope. This type of **** went on all the time. I have NOT publicly attacked anybody in a very long time, nor was I calling names under my moniker of CenterChannel68. I was NOT breaking the rules! I was NOT insulting others, I was not doing anything wrong, yet I got banned for a made up rule that has never existed previously and never existed since!

LyingSack
Baninated
Sep 15, 2007, 02:10 PM

I've known Rob a lot longer than MacNN. Me and him used to talk a lot on AIM. You could say at one time we were "internet buddies" He'd ask me questions about things he thought I'd know about and I would him. I also realized Rob at the time was young, and also had a disability. I felt the need to take up for Rob because of this. Not that by doing so I was trying to justify his actions, but I was hoping I could show him how what he was doing, or how he was saying it was going about it all the wrong way. I started this when he'd argue with people about the Neon. While 99.9% Rob was right, he'd always get banned or mess it up because he'd make it personal. And he'd make low blows. I would really pvt msg him, but by the time I've gotten to reply to his posts his accounts are locked. Rob didn't start getting "pissy" with me till he found out my religious beliefs. Which till to this day he chastises me for. Does it hurt my feelings? A little. I thought of Rob as a friend. I didn't figure my religious beliefs would interfere with that. But I still consider Rob a decent guy. He just needs some direction. And for some reason, no one in his life seems to be giving him any.
Kevin, you are full of ****. When I first 'met' you online, I knew you as Zimphire. I knew you from these forums, as a religious nutcase. I hated you. You argued like most Christians and could never be proven wrong because you'd never say anything was concrete, and that everything is interpretation (except my interpretations are always wrong, according to you). We started 'talking' on AIM mainly about cars, occasionally. That's it. You have never been my friend. And don't give me this 'disability' bullshit either, becuase I wasn't diagnosed with ADD til just a few years ago. Also it is NOT a disability. It's just part of my personality. I get straight A's in school, I'm on the freakin' presidents list, and I've always been one of the smartest people in my class, from kindergarten to the present.

Quit freaking lying about me, it pisses me off. I didn't start getting pissy with you when I 'found out' your religious beliefs, because that is how I initially MET you. I started doing the 'low blows' after I realized arguing with you was pointless, because you do NOT listen to logic and reason. You keep making **** up. Maybe you should try to write a story about Jesus, because you seem to be pretty good at writing fiction.

Stop lying.

LyingSack
Baninated
Sep 15, 2007, 02:11 PM

I find it amusing yet strange that he keeps bringing up the fact that I like college sports!
GO TEAM WIN THE GAME GET THE BALL! YAAYAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Sep 15, 2007, 05:20 PM

LyingSack
Baninated
Sep 15, 2007, 07:07 PM

Yeah, I'm the crazy one. Yep. My life actually revolves around things I do, and I'm capable of doing, instead of worshipping other people who play with balls for a living. Yep. I sure am nuts.

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 15, 2007, 07:32 PM

LyingSack
Fresh-Faced Recruit

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 15, 2007, 08:36 PM

Quick: Somebody do a mockup of a LyingSack.

I have an image in my head but I wanna see what everybody else comes up with.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

LyingSack
Baninated
Sep 15, 2007, 08:42 PM

It looks like a religous nut who makes **** up about knowing me. It's name starts with a K and ends with an 'evin'.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 15, 2007, 09:00 PM

So, Rob = Kevin ?

Split personalities ? That would explain...

-t

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 15, 2007, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by LyingSack View Post
I never said you did. In fact, I wasn't even referring to you. Why do you always play the victim Kevin?
Um I wasn't playing a victim. I don't choose to be one.
I'm not even sure what you're talking about here.
I believe it.
What I DO care about is the fact that HE can get away with baiting me, breaking the rules, and insulting other people, but if I do something so much as 'heatedly debate the shortcomings of a new iMac model', I get banned. It's this double standard that is what upsets me. How you cannot see this, yet have faith in a god that never shows himself is beyond me.
Rob what part about you being banned don't you get? Just because YOU refuse to be banned doesn't mean you still aren't. Quick reality check. You don't have to do anything to be banned for ban evading. And you didn't get banned for just talking about the shortcoming of the iMac. You got banned for the WAY you were doing it. As the mods and a lot of other people have ALREADY TOLD YOU many times. But that doesn't matter to you. Even after it's explained to you , you reject it. Not because your rejection is based on any facts of any sort. But you are constantly belittling your actions, or what actually went on. And not just with me.
Bullshit. How many other people in the HISTORY of MacNN have ever been banned for calling someone by a previous username? Answer that question, Kevin. How many people in the history of Macnn were banned for discussing a new version of a mac, WITHOUT calling names, without insulting people, and without breaking the rules? Answer that question too. In both cases, the answer would be ONE person. Me. You cannot possibly argue anything otherwise, because that is the truth.
I think you are belittling what actually happened. AS per usual from you. Poor Rob, always getting picked on.. I think the mods fully explained to you why you were banned in that situation. You choose to ignore the reasons, make up your own, then claim you weren't respecting the ban. Like you do most of the time.
Also, they banned me for CALLING Railroader Kilbey AGAIN, which never happened. I specifically said KILBY not KILBEY, and I wasn't even referring to him. Yet they claimed I said KILBEY, which I did not do. It's bullshit, and they know it.
Thats your argument? Really? That's like someone saying "I said f u k not f u c k"
Much like your religion, this statement is also false.
And you wonder why you get banned....
I publicly apologized for photoshopping Railroader's kid. I said I shouldn't have done that. I've apologized for many other things, all of which you choose to ignore.
No rob, at first you were all pissed off about it. It wasn't till after most everyone came down on you for it did you do a quick turnaround Rob. And even then, that is ONE, one, one time of many times you've been banned justifiably, but denied it. So out of the hundreds or so times you've been banned, you are claiming that ONE TIME you got banned deservingly? You really expect us to believe this?
That I'm being treated unfairly, people report my posts for stupid reasons, and that some mods just feel like acting like assholes to me because they know they'll get away with it.
Again either the mods are constantly wrong with your bannings, or you are exaggerating and not taking responsibilities for your actions. One doesn't jive with reality, and the other does.

You are acting as if the mods take every chance they can get to ban you for no reason. When it's the exact opposite.

The mods and admins have given you SO MANY CHANCES it's pathetic. So for you to come back and act otherwise is disrespectful, and unappreciative for what they have ACTUALLY done. Not what you are falsely accusing them of.
Almost as bad as me? What the hell Kevin? Take this thread as a microcosm for example. Did I call anybody names? Nope. Was I banned for it? Yep.
Rob, you are still banned from what you did before. You got banned for BAN EVADING. Just because you decide you are no longer banned doesn't mean you are not. Understand? You don't HAVE to do anything. Coming back here registering a new nick will get you banned.
Kevin, you are full of ****. When I first 'met' you online, I knew you as Zimphire.
Rob I spoke with you on the Neon boards before I knew you on MacNN. You acted the same way now as you did then. And guess who got perm banned over and over again there as well? (You blamed them too) And this was before I even posted in MacNN. And my first account wasn't Zimphire here in MacNN. You may have not realized who I was, but we did indeed talk before MacNN. Your memory doesn't serve you well.
I knew you from these forums, as a religious nutcase. I hated you.
Is that why you'd msg me about cars, and "problems" you had with your wife? (I should go into detail because you are calling me a liar when I am not lying, but out of respect for her I wont)
We'd have long conversations on AIM about personal things. I don't know about you, but I don't do that with people I dislike. But after you started spazzing out on the forums about religion and I started arguing with you, things changed.

I eventually had to block you from AIM because you'd constantly harass me and my old lady whenever I was logged in with your Jr High like attacks on my beliefs. So you started attacking me in here instead. You sure showed me...

Remember when my girlfriend was on my computer and you msg'd her and was all spazzy telling her I was a Christian and that I used to do drugs? (You thought you were telling her info she didn't already know... she got a good laugh out if the conversation though.. )

And just to let you know, even though you claim to hate me, I do not hate you Rob. I sometimes dislike the things you do, or the things you say. But I don't hate you.

Hate is a wasted emotion. IMHO.
We started 'talking' on AIM mainly about cars, occasionally. That's it. You have never been my friend.
Oh so you were just faking then? And you just admitted it. Um Rob, that says more about you than it does me. And we talked about more than just cars. As I stated above. You liked me enough to talk about personal stuff between you and your wife. Obviously you didn't hate me that badly.
And don't give me this 'disability' bullshit either, becuase I wasn't diagnosed with ADD til just a few years ago.
Um, what does that have to do with what I said? When people were calling you ADD boy after you said you were diagnosed I did indeed take up for you. I still would. And BTW just because you were diagnosed "a few years ago" doesn't mean you've only had it for that long right? It's something you are born with. And you being diagnosed late makes a lot of sense in your actions.
Also it is NOT a disability. It's just part of my personality. I get straight A's in school, I'm on the freakin' presidents list, and I've always been one of the smartest people in my class, from kindergarten to the present.
Um, having a disability doesn't mean you are stupid Rob. And I don't think I said anything about people with ADD/ADHD being stupid for that matter. So why you brought it up as if I did...

And ADD/ADHD is a disability. People can receive SSI for having it.

Now me saying that isn't belittling you Rob. That is something you have no control over. And anyone that makes fun of you for such a thing is slime. (I'd still take up for you over it. Even though you are calling me a liar, and say you hate me.)
Quit freaking lying about me, it pisses me off.
Don't blame your lack of memory on me lying. I don't think you are calling me a liar on purpose knowing otherwise. I just think you've forgotten. At least that is what I HOPE is going on here. See, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt.
I didn't start getting pissy with you when I 'found out' your religious beliefs, because that is how I initially MET you.
Wrong.We met on the Neon's board. I didn't talk much, as I was just a newbie to the scene. But we did discuss things from time to time. We never got into it on those boards. Though you and everyone else seemed to. I didn't announce my religious beliefs till well after I was here for awhile. I first came on here under the nick Sine. We discussed Neons in here then. Then I changed it to Zimphire. Shortly after that you started with your religious bashing. I attempted to show you were you were wrong about your claims, and you launched an all out attack on me. Between the time I used the Sine nick, and the time I told you I was Christian you didn't treat me badly.
I started doing the 'low blows' after I realized arguing with you was pointless
This is you basically agreeing with me. You started the low blows when I announced my religious beliefs to you in the forum. And by pointless, you mean I wouldn't just agree with your version of what was going on because it was dodgy information.
because you do NOT listen to logic and reason. You keep making **** up.
More baseless accusations. Just like you claim I am lying now? Or making things up now? You cry wolf a lot, then get mad when no one can believe you Rob. You got upset at me because your spins wouldn't work. You kept pulling your Zoroaster information from web pages written by anti-christian nut-jobs and expecting us to take it seriously. Esp when your answer had nothing to do with the question I asked. It didn't work, you acted out and got pissy and got banned. Then took it out on me.
Stop lying.
I think I've proven here that I'm not lying.
I don't think you are lying. I just don't think your memory is serving you too well.

So why don't you please respect your ban for once? Be a man. Take responsibilities for your actions. And stop blaming everyone for what you do.

You remind me of the kid in school that would spill his milk into the "dorks" bookbag. And then when someone would tell on him, he'd blame the person telling on him for him getting into trouble. Instead of blaming himself for doing said action.

And if this account gets banned,even if you don't "do anything" don't be surprised. You are ban evading. Ban evading gets you an instant ban. Regardless of what you are doing or not doing.

It looks like a religous nut who makes **** up about knowing me. It's name starts with a K and ends with an 'evin'
You making statements like this all the time gets you banned Rob. Just in case you till don't know why you are being banned all the time.

Not only is that a dishonest representation of who I am, you made up accusations that simply weren't true.

You are younger than me, and I've done more drugs than you. You are supposed to have better memory than this Rob.

You could get away with calling me a lot of things in here. "Religious Nut" "Right Winger" but liar is simply not one of them. It just simply doesn't mesh with my history of posting here.

You on the other hand have a history of "selective memory" when it serves your purpose. Your descriptions of how things have "went down" are usually skewed and biased and not totally accurate.

I mean if you want to continue to call me a liar about these things Rob, I could prove that I am not by talking about the things me and you talked about on AIM from time to time. Some of the situations you were in and had questions about were kinda embarrassing so I'd just stop with the act. I am being nice here. Realize this. Anyone else that had talked to you about the things we have talked about would have been on here making fun of you for them. Regardless if they liked you are not.

I am showing you that respect. Now it's your turn. Prove me wrong by admitting that just maybe I wasn't lying. Even shock us by apologizing. If that happened, it would go along way in the respect area. And I am sure not just from me either.

Or you can come back, reply to this in a similar fashion and prove me right all over again.

Either way, the choice you make will be a choice Rob decides to make. And no one else can be blamed for the outcome of that choice but Rob. And Rob only.
( Last edited by Kevin; Sep 16, 2007 at 10:35 AM. )

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 15, 2007, 09:23 PM

Since every Civic I've ever been in and/or owned has been a "compact" car, I don't see how the Neon could be considered "roomy." I got out of my 92 Civic hatchback at the airport, flew to a different city, and our rental car was a Neon. While I'm not huge, I do have large shoulders-which were not the problem in the Neon. No legroom or headroom was the real problem.
"Above-average roominess is a strong point of the Neon"

Bright Neon Still one of the best small cars around Chicago Sun-Times - Find Articles

Maybe you didn't have the seats adjusted right?

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 15, 2007, 11:14 PM

"Above-average roominess is a strong point of the Neon"

Bright Neon Still one of the best small cars around Chicago Sun-Times - Find Articles

Maybe you didn't have the seats adjusted right?
All the way back, seat back back as far as I could get it and still reach the wheel...My legs were still uncomfortably bent and my head uncomfortably close to the headliner... Just not my car I guess.

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 15, 2007, 11:24 PM

All the way back, seat back back as far as I could get it and still reach the wheel...My legs were still uncomfortably bent and my head uncomfortably close to the headliner... Just not my car I guess.
I guess not.

But it was known to be a roomy car for it's class size. Maybe your body was just molded to the civic.

That happens to me with cars.

Forum Links
Forum Rules