Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > To Glorious Working Peoples of United States of Change

To Glorious Working Peoples of United States of Change
PaperNotes
Nov 7, 2008, 10:32 AM

Comrades, I salute you on this cold globally cooling day!

Beloved Iron Hand of Big Brother wants you to remember - pay more taxes, redistribute wealth!

The worker who is most productive and earns more will give his wealth to the unproductive lazy workers via higher income taxes! (this excludes brave members of the Inner Party such as the Rothschilds, Clintons, Gore and all elites with insider prior knowledge)

The companies who are more innovative and productive will buy carbon credits from useless unproductive companies in Botswana that have been set up by members of the Inner Party to sell credits.

Soon we shall remove from the historical record that abomination called the US Constitution and Bill of Rights! We shall remove from historical record the evidence that paying income taxes is unconstitutional in the US of A.

Change is coming! We love Change!

Our Magnificent Leftists in Scientific Departments have conjured up the evidence that Americans are destroying the planet! We will impose Cap and Trade to impoverish Stupid Americans just like when the illegal Federal Reserve Act was passed without the consent and representation of the people.

Long live Our Glorious Leader Obama who makes this possible and saves Planet Earth from Evil White American Peoples!
( Last edited by PaperNotes; Jan 9, 2018 at 06:15 AM. )

PaperNotes  (op)
Nov 7, 2008, 10:41 AM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...arbonemissions

Obama climate change plans will be linked to a new US environmental policy by creating five million new "green" jobs.
a "green jobs corps" for unemployed youth will be set up to improve energy conservation in homes and community buildings
Our 5 million young Comrades in the Radical Greenshirts Corp will be knocking on your home to make sure you follow the rules! You must show Brotherly and Sisterly Love for your Nation - open your doors and let them inspect everything!

science and research funding for clean energy will be doubled
This should not be the business of the government but of technology companies, but Our Brothers of the Inner Party have decided to shut up all scientists who deny the Planet is in Peril. Scientists who comply will receive double the funding! Change is good! Silence the Unchangers!

Atheist
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2008, 10:55 AM

Don't you have a job?

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2008, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by PaperNotes View Post
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...arbonemissions
This should not be the business of the government but of technology companies, but Our Brothers of the Inner Party have decided to shut up all scientists who deny the Planet is in Peril. Scientists who comply will receive double the funding! Change is good! Silence the Unchangers!
So, science and research funding is not the job of the government? or is it just science and research funding related to global warming? I ask because most of our major modern advances in the past 60+ years have come out of government-funded science research.

I am curious: If you are opposed to government-funding of science and research do you actively refuse to use products that are the result of government-funded research?
( Last edited by dcmacdaddy; Nov 7, 2008 at 11:36 AM. Reason: for sake of clarity.)
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

James L
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2008, 11:31 AM

The lounge is at its most entertaining when there is an Abe / Aberdeenwriter /PaperNotes.

It's gold Jerry. Gold!

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2008, 11:40 AM

Serenity now!

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Dork.
Professional Poster
Nov 7, 2008, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by James L View Post
The lounge is at its most entertaining when there is an Abe / Aberdeenwriter /PaperNotes.

It's gold Jerry. Gold!

I don't know. This is getting old rather quickly....

andi*pandi
Nov 7, 2008, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
Serenity now!
Serenity Sequel Now!

Dork.
Professional Poster
Nov 7, 2008, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Cool!

PaperNotes  (op)
Nov 7, 2008, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
Don't you have a job?
Of course! I am a recruiter of Working Peoples with ACORN, Comrade! I am also a Brotherly member and Drug Dealer of Mara Salvatrucha from where we will recruit many jobless youth into Revolutionary Green collar jobs! Our Brothers of the Greenshirt Army will demand to know how you live inside your homes. If you reject inspections you are a racist capitalist pig! We must know if you ate more than one loaf of bread this week. We must know tat you are not exceeding your energy rations! Join the Glorious Revolution today!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kr9y0fagSOs

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gXvLWB_NLKE

http://thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=2462

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

PaperNotes  (op)
Nov 7, 2008, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy View Post
So, science and research funding is not the job of the government?
Not when it is used to bribe our Brotherly Scientists and Great Thinkers to support a political agenda.

I ask because most of our major modern advances in the past 60+ years have come out of government-funded science research.
No, our major advances have been by evil capitalist entrepreneurs and the R+D departments of devilish private corporations!

How will unemployed youth improve the energy efficiency inside your homes? By having fun times in your homes. If you fail the inspection you pay the fine, capitalist freedom loving pig!

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2008, 12:40 PM

No, our major advances have been by evil capitalist entrepreneurs and the R+D departments of devilish private corporations!
Huh, the most significant technological advance of the last three decades is the very medium we are using to communicate. And that was developed by the US military with help from private corporations. So, wanna tell me again how our government doesn't play a role in advancing scientific research?
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

PaperNotes  (op)
Nov 7, 2008, 12:46 PM

And that was developed by the US military with help from private corporations. So, wanna tell me again how our government doesn't play a role in advancing scientific research?
The computer, the processor, the memory, the screen, the hard disc, the graphics card, the keyboard, and the trackpad were not developed by the government. They were developed by terrible people who support private enterprise and it has since been funded by empty souled consumer society!

This method of communication was developed cheaply by scientists independent of government intervention so they could communicate with each other but it was based on older methods of telephony based communication that were not developed by government and did not need government help. Ever since then private corporations, free thinking individuals and shallow meaningless consumer society have funded and developed the internet to the state it is now.

PaperNotes  (op)
Nov 7, 2008, 12:48 PM

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2008, 12:55 PM

paper, get some rest man.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Nov 7, 2008, 01:46 PM

It's official. This is the last thread started by PaperConspiracyTheoryNotes that I will open.

You need some help man. Seriously, a mental health evaluation might be in your best interests because you have definitely gone over the deep end.

It was funny at first, but now it's just downright sad because I think you actually believe all this nonsense you've been posting.

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2008, 01:48 PM

I just want to know what country he's in.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2008, 02:07 PM

funny paper quotes orwell, we already have the patriot act

finboy
Nov 7, 2008, 02:18 PM

I ask because most of our major modern advances in the past 60+ years have come out of government-funded science research.
Are you sure about that? Source? Linkies?

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 7, 2008, 02:30 PM

The computer,
Wrong.

the processor,
Wrong. The first processors were built for fighter planes.

the memory,
Not sure, but I'd be willing to bet RAM was created for the first government computers.

the screen,
True, but this was invented well before the government started funding projects. It's actually a lot older than the computer.

the hard disc,
Wrong. The US Navy built the first hard drive.

the graphics card,
True.

the keyboard,
Not sure, the first keyboard might have been invented by the government, but the concept wasn't exactly new....

and the trackpad
True, trackpad was Apple.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 7, 2008, 02:34 PM

The first computer was built by the government to do the computations for the a-bomb.

Also, another Hi-larious papernotes thread, it's like Abe without any of the sanity.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2008, 02:34 PM

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 7, 2008, 03:40 PM

OT
Joss said that nothing has changed on that front. Plus, Adam Baldwin, whom I communicate with on a semi-regular basis, said he hasn't been contacted for that project. It doesn't look promising right now, if ever.
/OT
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 7, 2008, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
OT
Joss said that nothing has changed on that front. Plus, Adam Baldwin, whom I communicate with on a semi-regular basis, said he hasn't been contacted for that project. It doesn't look promising right now, if ever.
/OT
He's awesome in Chuck.
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

andi*pandi
Nov 7, 2008, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by goMac View Post
He's awesome in Chuck.
and chuck is awesome.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 7, 2008, 04:13 PM

and chuck is awesome.
Chuck is pretty awesome.

NBC as a whole would be awesome if they hadn't canceled Journeyman.

AllegedNews
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 7, 2008, 08:21 PM

Paper rocks.

Now I will personally get back to hoarding my immense wealth in secrecy so that Big Bro' (Obama) doesn't steal it from me.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2008, 10:57 PM

This method of communication was developed cheaply by scientists independent of government intervention so they could communicate with each other but it was based on older methods of telephony based communication that were not developed by government and did not need government help. Ever since then private corporations, free thinking individuals and shallow meaningless consumer society have funded and developed the internet to the state it is now.
WRONG!

This "method of communication" we use is called packet switching and it is based on technology developed by the US government for the US military. How do I know, because I heard from Tim Berners-Lee himself how he developed the world wide web and he said it was based on a pre-existing technology.* So, if you want to make an appeal to authority, you really ought to get your facts straight. I've met him twice. How many times have you met him? (And by met him I mean shaking hands and having an actual, albeit too-brief, one-on-one conversation with him.) Besides, you use the term "internet" when Tim Berners-Lee has nothing to do with that. His invention, the world wide web, was built on top of the government-funded packet-switched internet networking infrastructure.

*The first time I met him it was just me, my then-boss, and Robert Kahn from CNRI and Vint Cerf from Sprint.

PaperNotes  (op)
Nov 8, 2008, 06:43 AM

Comrades, you give credit to government for the achievements of individuals working across the world! Our Beloved Leader of Revolutionary Change will be pleased with you!

In case you didn't notice, I was toying with your minds because I have always been fascinated by how few words need to be said for people to spontaneously give credit to Big Brother instead of individual minds. Such mind slaves
( Last edited by PaperNotes; Jan 9, 2018 at 06:14 AM. )

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 8, 2008, 07:05 AM

Yes, individuals do make many discoveries or advances. But most often they do so in the context of a government-funded research environment. Although, I don't think anyone here has been diminishing the importance of individuals in making scientific advances. So far, you have been the only one to suggest the debate topic is about government-vs-individual when all along it has been about government-vs-corporate sponsorship of scientific research. (See your first several posts in the thread where you talk about the evils of government-sponsored research and praise the benefits of private- and/or corporate-sponsored research.) Individuals are fundamental to making scientific and technical advances but many of those advances couldn't have come about without the backing/support of the researchers from the government.

Read this story at the link below for one such example where an individual developed a new use for an existing technology while working at a government-owned (not just government-funded) research facility.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/09/ny...09videoli.html
( Last edited by dcmacdaddy; Nov 8, 2008 at 07:12 AM. )

PaperNotes  (op)
Nov 8, 2008, 09:39 AM

Yes, individuals do make many discoveries or advances. But most often they do so in the context of a government-funded research environment. Although, I don't think anyone here has been diminishing the importance of individuals in making scientific advances.
Just remember that it is your money funding them. Government does *nothing*. Do not tell this to Our Glorious Leader or he will send me to the Alaskan Gulag where Mistress Palin is ruler! All glory must be to government, not to taxpayer or bright brains!

And if you want a good current example of private enterprise vs government brightness I give you

Virgin Galactic

NASA

( Last edited by PaperNotes; Jan 9, 2018 at 06:13 AM. )

PaperNotes  (op)
Nov 8, 2008, 09:42 AM

And please please remember that in the Glorious Revolution of Change, Our Leader must not give any contracts to private enterprise. He will keep all projects to enhance technology and energy infrastructure for the government. You must become 100% reliant on Beloved Big Brother. Say no to private enterprise! Say no to independent thought!
( Last edited by PaperNotes; Jan 9, 2018 at 06:13 AM. )

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 8, 2008, 12:00 PM

Supporters of dear leader celebrate in front of White House

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEtLFJjFQCA
45/47

andi*pandi
Nov 8, 2008, 01:05 PM

ya know, anyone who has survived a real, honest to goodness, communist regime might say that papernotes is an idiot.

just maybe.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 8, 2008, 01:42 PM

ya know, anyone who has survived a real, honest to goodness, communist regime might say that papernotes is an idiot.

just maybe.
Yeah, I would agree about the suggestion that he might be an idiot. After seeing the post with the pic of the Challenger explosion I had to put him on ignore. That was only the third time in eight years I have done that to a member here at MacNN, but reading his posts were painful and insulting.

PaperNotes  (op)
Nov 8, 2008, 02:01 PM

just maybe.
Ah yeah!!! Wicked! I got the Brave Supporters of Change to start ridiculing! Sweeeeet (and these people are so easy to make them behave predictably )

I know so many people who grew up or lived under Communism that I lost count. I've also been reading the comments of people from the Czech Republic and Russia. They would strongly disagree with you and they are firm in their conviction that Obama is trouble for Americans.

And Yuri Bezmenov said this was all part of the four stage plan of subversion. Everything he said is coming true to every last detail. Watch part 8 and 9 for stages.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jVZ4Lkm6JQw

Obama and Gordon Brown have both said they plan to employ a million + unemployed youth as "Green collar workers" to inspect your homes and offices to make sure you are "energy efficient". What will they do if you aren't efficient by their "standards"???

There is already an Obama inspired militant youth force (but hey, even the Black Panthers, US Communist Party and Louis Farakhan are inspired by him so this isn't news).

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=M2yvCzqSEkc

This will expand to over a million workers according to Obama. One of the architects of this is Stephen Flynn who was a campaign advisor. Check out what Flynn's ideas are in totality by seeing what books of his are on Amazon.

"The United States should roughly replicate (with Homeland Security) the Federal Reserve model by creating a Federal Security Reserve System (FSRS) with a national board of governors, 10 regional Homeland Security Districts, and 92 local branches called Metropolitan Anti-Terrorism Committees. " - S. Flynn

Obama has said he will spend as much money on a internal civilian army equal in size to the current military forces (video was linked to already on this thread), while scaling back all external military forces, cutting spending on defence and stopping the Space Defence Inititative/Star Wars programme (even though Russia and China are expanding).

This is all on record, in black and white. The elite don't need to conspire. They do what they want right in your face.
( Last edited by PaperNotes; Jan 9, 2018 at 06:12 AM. )

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2008, 02:16 PM

Ahh, Paper Notes, Paper Notes...

Let 'em get on with it mate. No amount of you telling them how things are going to be will convince them. Just make sure you're protected, sit back, grab the popcorn and wait for them to start screaming bloody murder - in about three years' time.

Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

PaperNotes  (op)
Nov 8, 2008, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
Ahh, Paper Notes, Paper Notes...

Let 'em get on with it mate. No amount of you telling them how things are going to be will convince them.

But Comrade, it is Glorious Funs Time! For years they said Bush the Liberator was Hitler but now our Brotherly Revolutionaries of Change have some karma! We need to drink the Kool Aid with them!

Think how the universe likes to jokes! The Revolutionaries of Change said world is warming. Then it cooled. They said Bush was Hitler, and now they get a man from Chicago the capital of gangsterland with direct connections to three radical religious preachers, one radical domestic terrorist, one radical racist group, has a name that rhymes with Osama, has a middle name the same as Saddam's surname, is open about having a massive civilian youth army, and wants to scale back defence.

Surely the universe has manifested Our Beloved Leader for a joke and to see if freedom lovers really can put down their hotdogs and XBox controllers for five minutes to defend their freedoms hahahahahahahahaha

This makes Our Dear Leader a Divine Creation!
( Last edited by PaperNotes; Jan 9, 2018 at 06:12 AM. )

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2008, 03:22 PM

Guys, I'm pretty sure that PaperNotes is Abe:

- writes well, but full of unfocused rants, quotes, links to things, wild assertions, etc.

- substantiates little, ignores counter arguments

- political quotes in his signature

- incredibly incoherent

- verbose

- considers others to be naive idiots and himself some sort of enlightened figure

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Nov 8, 2008, 03:40 PM

Yes, individuals do make many discoveries or advances. But most often they do so in the context of a government-funded research environment. Although, I don't think anyone here has been diminishing the importance of individuals in making scientific advances. So far, you have been the only one to suggest the debate topic is about government-vs-individual when all along it has been about government-vs-corporate sponsorship of scientific research. (See your first several posts in the thread where you talk about the evils of government-sponsored research and praise the benefits of private- and/or corporate-sponsored research.) Individuals are fundamental to making scientific and technical advances but many of those advances couldn't have come about without the backing/support of the researchers from the government.

Read this story at the link below for one such example where an individual developed a new use for an existing technology while working at a government-owned (not just government-funded) research facility.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/09/ny...09videoli.html
To say that the government funded research hasn't benefitted the world would be asinine, but to ignore corporate funded research would be even moreso (Just look at what came out of Bell Labs, XEROX PARC, Texas Instruments, GE, and Westinghouse to name a few). Nothing like computers would have been possible at all without the integrated circuit and the transistor (Both invented in privately held lab [TI has the integrated circuit, Bell Labs has the transistor]). Government sponsored research is not always a bad thing, as corporations generally don't do science for the sake of science (Particle research for example), but the government also is not concerned about making products that will benefit the average american. It's just not what it does, because it will not profit off of finding a better solution so incentives are minimized, which is why I'm not sure the government is the best place for energy research. (Right now, I'm very certain that one of the oil companies would LOVE to be the first one to come out with a "green" energy product that would run in unaltered cars. It just hasn't happened yet.)

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2008, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Guys, I'm pretty sure that PaperNotes is Abe
You'd be wrong.

OreoCookie
Nov 8, 2008, 04:43 PM

@King Bob on the Cob
The farther away you are from actual applications, the less likely there will be research done by/paid for by companies. In some instances, governments pay companies to build something for them, so although the company profits from it, the government essentially pays for it.

Governments sponsor research in areas where there is no (immediate) benefit; fusion experiments, particle accelerators and such come to mind. There may be a great many things that can be used commercially later on (teflon from space exploration, the internet from a particle accelerator program, etc.). Modern research just isn't possible without doing research in areas with no commercial application. However, even though doing research with no commercial interests at first just means that you are several layers away from application.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2008, 07:17 PM

You'd be wrong.
I guess it's my turn to say that I have popcorn and we'll wait and see, then

I'm sure we'll hear plenty more from PaperNotes.

Sincerely,
a foreign agent

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2008, 07:31 PM

I guess it's my turn to say that I have popcorn and we'll wait and see, then
Well, from where I'm sitting it looks like Paper Notes is in the UK. London, at a guess. Probably Amerikan but been here a long time.

Abe is in the USSA, IIRC.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 8, 2008, 07:49 PM

WRONG!

This "method of communication" we use is called packet switching and it is based on technology developed by the US government for the US military. How do I know, because I heard from Tim Berners-Lee himself how he developed the world wide web and he said it was based on a pre-existing technology.* So, if you want to make an appeal to authority, you really ought to get your facts straight. I've met him twice. How many times have you met him? (And by met him I mean shaking hands and having an actual, albeit too-brief, one-on-one conversation with him.) Besides, you use the term "internet" when Tim Berners-Lee has nothing to do with that. His invention, the world wide web, was built on top of the government-funded packet-switched internet networking infrastructure.

*The first time I met him it was just me, my then-boss, and Robert Kahn from CNRI and Vint Cerf from Sprint.

Packet switching was designed by the Pentagon for the first routers. Those suckers were big too, they were large computers in cabinets.

Just remember that it is your money funding them. Government does *nothing*. Do not tell this to Our Glorious Leader or he will send me to the Alaskan Gulag where Mistress Palin is ruler! All glory must be to government, not to taxpayer or bright brains!

And if you want a good current example of private enterprise vs government brightness I give you

Virgin Galactic

<snip>
Yeah, lets compare a spaceship that hasn't launched yet to one that's had a pretty decent track record for the last 20 years.

I'm not saying that private business can't do better, but it's hardly a silver bullet. Currently, private businesses track record is actually far worse than the government. Just ask Scotty's ashes.

(Oh wait, you can't because they're sploaded.)

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2008, 07:55 PM

Well, from where I'm sitting it looks like Paper Notes is in the UK. London, at a guess. Probably Amerikan but been here a long time.

Abe is in the USSA, IIRC.
It would be interesting to see if he has an American IP. You could be right, Abe has fooled me before. I generally think that far more people are Abe than actually are Abe.

andi*pandi
Nov 9, 2008, 01:27 AM

abe is everywhere.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 9, 2008, 01:32 AM

Also, the last time Abe's disguise was exposed, he just sort of blew it off and didn't respond to accusations and then when his back was to the wall he lied about them. So far PaperNotes hasn't denied that he is Abe, which makes me suspicious.

Then again, none of you guys have denied being Abe either.

James L
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2008, 01:40 AM

abe is everywhere.
...like a bad rash.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 9, 2008, 02:06 AM

Also, the last time Abe's disguise was exposed, he just sort of blew it off and didn't respond to accusations and then when his back was to the wall he lied about them. So far PaperNotes hasn't denied that he is Abe, which makes me suspicious.

Then again, none of you guys have denied being Abe either.
I'm not Abe.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Forum Links
Forum Rules