Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Does anyone else...

Does anyone else...
forkies
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2002, 03:27 AM

...have this problem where you click back into an app that was inactive and the app just sits there until you click the mouse. Also, if you push modifier keys (caps, shift, option, control, command) while the window is "stuck" to the cursor, the window will move to where the cursor is. Although iTunes is the app I have most of the probs with, it seems to happen only in carbon apps.

I hope others can recognize this problem with my crappy description, and Apple will fix the damn bug.

Mystical, magical, amazing! | Part 2 | The spread of Christianity is our goal. -Railroader

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jul 23, 2002, 08:17 AM

Yes, I have that problem all the time. Apps are convinced I want to drag, drag, drag. This is the most irritating bug in OS X for me.

And now that you mention it, yes, it does only happen in Carbon apps. Darn Apple and their dogfood.

And more usefully: Does anybody with a Jag build happen to know if it's still doing this?

<small>[ 07-23-2002, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: Chuckit ]</small>
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

OverclockedHomoSapien
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 23, 2002, 09:57 AM

This bug is fixed in the Jaguar builds that I've used.
[FONT="book antiqua"]"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
- Thomas Jefferson, 1816.[/FONT]

forkies  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2002, 12:50 PM

It happens with the Finder too. I'll try to click on something and all that happens is a huge selection box is where the cursor is.

Mystical, magical, amazing! | Part 2 | The spread of Christianity is our goal. -Railroader

Forum Links
Forum Rules