Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > OmniWeb 4.1 SneakyPeeks !

OmniWeb 4.1 SneakyPeeks ! (Page 14)
starfleetX
Mac Elite
Mar 2, 2002, 03:43 AM

Originally posted by fourstarcltv:
<STRONG>whilst using the past few 'sneaky peek' releases i've noticed that the photo-window does not display/load the photo from apple/itools photo albums.</STRONG>
Agreed.

I can almost never get OmniWeb to properly load albums from iTools.
The server made a boo boo. (403)

Gregory
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 2, 2002, 04:52 AM

I would like to be able to at least be typing a reply while 20 pages are loading - something I could do with IE, Classic or OS X. And use to do in OmniWeb.

Locking up to the point typing doesn't show up on the screen is - repeat after me - BAD.

How much cpu does typing require?

This 'seems' to happen loading a page but waiting for confirmation to reject or accept a cookie. Sitting there eating up cpu cycles and NOT DOING ANYTHING.

As pointed out earlier, with broadband, it is SLOW loading pages before it is downloaded. That too points to an underlying design flaw that it can't dispatch threads and processes properly. Counter-intuitive.

Mozilla also shows 90% only it is "windowmanager" that is listed as the process. But that doesn't interfere with other tasks or stop clicks, moving windows, clicking on Desktop, switching apps.

[ 03-02-2002: Message edited by: Gregory ]

Simon Mundy
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 2, 2002, 05:14 AM

OK, so I posted something a while ago regarding 'ONCLICK' events in Omniweb and how you can avoid refreshing the page if you add the 'return false' in Javascript... OK, It DOESN'T WORK just yet. Sorry.

Ken/Rick - is this to be fixed in the 4.1 builds or is this slated for 5.x???
Computer thez nohhh...

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2002, 11:36 AM

Originally posted by fourstarcltv:
<STRONG>whilst using the past few 'sneaky peek' releases i've noticed that the photo-window does not display/load the photo from apple/itools photo albums.

i was wanting to take a look at the winning photographs in apple's iphoto competition this afternoon and the photographs just refused to display in the pop-up window.

anyone else having a similar problem?

i had to resort to loading up internet explorer to view them, and believe me it was a hard thing to do

cheers,</STRONG>
FWIW, Explorer is the ONLY browser that works with mac.com iTools photo albums. It's Apple's prerogative to make their pages work in other browsers, and they choose not to, for some reason. Can you say "Deal with the devil?"

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Brazuca
Mac Elite
Mar 2, 2002, 01:03 PM

Originally posted by Len at Omni:
<STRONG>

If you check the release notes for SP 50, you will see that we are now 'accelerating' the mouse wheel. A single scroll 'click' will move you the same as before, but several close together move you farther than before.

We found the behavior to be quite easy to get used to and really nice for those long forum pages. We are still tuning the behavior tho and even looking at adding in smooth scrolling as well.

However, if we get a lot of negative feedback, I'm sure we'll put in a preference or something.</STRONG>

Even a single "scroll" seems too jerky now. Perhaps its perception, but the page seems to "jump" to the next spot, forcing me to have to find where I was in the page in order to read the next line.

Forget tabbed browsing, increased speed, greater icons, new features. This is (humbly) MY number one complaint about OW. Remember when Word for Windows would (will?) scroll down a document at 700mph? Fast, but not usable. This is the same for OW.

Please please please either put in a preference or go back to the old way of scrolling. It was never a problem before (for me, at least).

BTW, I don't have ANY drivers for my Kensington mouse. It is using the stock Apple support built into X, and the scrolling is still unbearable. I imagine what it is like with the accelerated version.

[ 03-02-2002: Message edited by: Brazuca ]
"It's about time trees did something good insted of just standing there LIKE JERKS!" :)

The Evener
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 2, 2002, 01:38 PM

Originally posted by chris v:
<STRONG>

FWIW, Explorer is the ONLY browser that works with mac.com iTools photo albums. It's Apple's prerogative to make their pages work in other browsers, and they choose not to, for some reason. Can you say "Deal with the devil?"

CV</STRONG>
I noticed this problem with not being able to load Photo Albums, too, but it's not as if OmniWeb hasn't been able to display those pages properly before. Download SP 42, and you'll see that OmniWeb can display those pages fine, including the "slide show" mode. One drawback I noticed even with SP42 is that the photo text is not displayed in the "slide show" window. I sent this feedback to OmniWeb, but it's likely they were aware of the problem before I said anything.

"Psssst..."

wr11
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 2, 2002, 06:50 PM

I would definitely like to see the scroll wheel slowed down a little now. Its just too jerky.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2002, 10:33 PM

Originally posted by The Evener:
<STRONG>

I noticed this problem with not being able to load Photo Albums, too, but it's not as if OmniWeb hasn't been able to display those pages properly before. Download SP 42, and you'll see that OmniWeb can display those pages fine, including the "slide show" mode. One drawback I noticed even with SP42 is that the photo text is not displayed in the "slide show" window. I sent this feedback to OmniWeb, but it's likely they were aware of the problem before I said anything.</STRONG>
Hmm.... I'm lazy, and hadn't gotten around to trashing SP 42, but it didn't work on the iphoto contest winners pages. I do think Apple could be a tad more supportive of Omniweb, since it's pretty much the only browser made exclusively for OS X. I wonder just how much their hands were tied by their deal to bundle IE 5.

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

The Evener
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 2, 2002, 11:38 PM

Originally posted by chris v:
<STRONG>

Hmm.... I'm lazy, and hadn't gotten around to trashing SP 42, but it didn't work on the iphoto contest winners pages. I do think Apple could be a tad more supportive of Omniweb, since it's pretty much the only browser made exclusively for OS X. I wonder just how much their hands were tied by their deal to bundle IE 5.

CV</STRONG>
I'd didn't check out that site personally, so in the end my assumption could still be wrong. I assumed the iPhoto contest page was like any homepage.mac.com site -- with SP 50, the "Slide Show" didn't show any pictures on my site, but with SP 42, it worked. Sorry for the potential misinformation.

"Psssst..."

davidb224
Forum Regular
Mar 2, 2002, 11:41 PM

Originally posted by wr11:
<STRONG>I would definitely like to see the scroll wheel slowed down a little now. Its just too jerky.</STRONG>
So, slow it down on your end. Its ridiculous to even suggest that Omniweb should have to fix a problem that stems from the settings for a third-party peripheral that you connected to your computer.
davidb

Brazuca
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2002, 02:41 AM

Originally posted by davidb224:
<STRONG>

So, slow it down on your end. Its ridiculous to even suggest that Omniweb should have to fix a problem that stems from the settings for a third-party peripheral that you connected to your computer.</STRONG>
errrr....If you read Len's post above and the release notes for sp50 you'll note that OW accelerates the scroll wheel. I use a Kensington Mouse WITH NO THIRD PARTY DRIVERS. So the acceleration is what is built into X. Before sp50 the scroll speed was fine. It was more akin to holding down the down arrow (which is nice and smooth). I suspect that OW wanted the scroll wheel to be faster than that since the keyboard is limited to the Key Repeat Rate.

The problem is that the redraws are too fast and jerky, forcing us to have to find our place in the page whenever we scroll a couple of lines. This is very distracting and annoying.
"It's about time trees did something good insted of just standing there LIKE JERKS!" :)

Sharky K.
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2002, 05:16 AM

I agree. The scrolling was better.

wr11
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 3, 2002, 01:36 PM

<STRONG>

So, slow it down on your end. Its ridiculous to even suggest that Omniweb should have to fix a problem that stems from the settings for a third-party peripheral that you connected to your computer.</STRONG>
Geesh, I only wish I had a 3rd party driver for my mouse. Maybe you could contact MacAlly for me and complain about not having drivers for my iOptinet (which is a great mouse BTW!) Oh, and while your there, I just bought an iShock II game controller from them... so you could mention that as well.

[ 03-03-2002: Message edited by: wr11 ]

JLL
Professional Poster
Mar 3, 2002, 05:09 PM

Weird thing: Take a look at www.mediamac.dk and you'll see that Verdana is rendered one pixel too big (as I've noted before in this thread), but when OW identifies itself as IE or NS, Verdana renders correctly - and no, it doesn't use a different stylesheet.
JLL

- My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

Hydra
Senior User
Mar 3, 2002, 06:06 PM

I have been running OW SP's since the early 20 releases and have had little problem and have been impressed by each subsequent release. Now at SP50 I have crashes galore and I thought it might be a corrupt prefs or bookmark file but I noticed that I had just started using Fire instead of AOL IM. I stopped using Fire and guess what? The crashes stopped and OW is steady as a Rock.

I switched to Adium (after I found you could switch the duck icon to more pleasing ones - why do I hate having a duck in the Dock?) and am very impressed with this IM app which seems to work fine with OW. If I turn on Fire I get crashes galore - turn off Fire crashes gone. Is anyone else noticing this or is it just me?

The crashes are more often in forums like MacNN but seemingly random. I have only had 1 crash in OW in the last few days w/o fire and probably over 20 with Fire running - in far fewer hours too.

Maybe it's OW, maybe it's Fire, maybe it's my setup but it seems pretty consistent to me.

-Jerry C.

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2002, 12:34 AM

As for the mac.com homepage photo albums, I've found that control-clicking in the general area where the photo should load gives it sort of a "jump start" I guess and it starts to load as normal (found when trying to do a "load missing image" from a contextual menu).

As for mouse scrolling, I prefer to have my mouse scroll one line (not page) at a time. This way, I can scroll down bit-by-bit as I read a long chunk of text. When I had normal drivers for my (ugh) M$ mouse in os9, I'd use the "click-and-roll" function of the mouse for those rare times when I wanted to scroll through a big chunk fast.

Ken at Omni
Mar 4, 2002, 03:05 AM

For our next release, the mouse acceleration is greatly toned down. (It now starts off at half the beta 1 speed, and only works its way up to 1.5x the beta 1 speed.)

It's also now completely tunable through defaults, for any adventurous souls who want even more acceleration, or prefer the original unaccelerated behavior, or whatever. (Sorry, we don't have any preferences interface for this: our 4.1 interface has been locked down for a few months now.)

Thanks for giving us your feedback!

KidRed
Professional Poster
Mar 4, 2002, 04:06 AM

Originally posted by Ken at Omni:
<STRONG>For our next release, the mouse acceleration is greatly toned down. (It now starts off at half the beta 1 speed, and only works its way up to 1.5x the beta 1 speed.)

It's also now completely tunable through defaults, for any adventurous souls who want even more acceleration, or prefer the original unaccelerated behavior, or whatever. (Sorry, we don't have any preferences interface for this: our 4.1 interface has been locked down for a few months now.)

Thanks for giving us your feedback!</STRONG>
Ken, curious about OW and the fact that it renders table borders set to 1 with shading (when it shouldn't) and ignores the color tag. Like versiontracker.com the table borders are all shaded and distracting, not to mention other sites.
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

Sharky K.
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2002, 05:22 AM

52 is available

and the scrolling is back !

[ 03-04-2002: Message edited by: Sharky K. ]

Rex
Forum Regular
Mar 4, 2002, 10:00 AM

Originally posted by Sharky K.:
<STRONG>52 is available

and the scrolling is back !

[ 03-04-2002: Message edited by: Sharky K. ]</STRONG>
and frequent crashes are GONE!

SMacSteve
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 4, 2002, 11:24 AM

While I welcome the more stabile browser I think that speed has been sacrificed since sp48. I've found myself going back to IE as it renders most web sites noticeably faster although I like the anti aliasing feature of OW I'm getting tired of the lack of speed. Is this browser really getting better? I'm beginning to wonder.

Rex
Forum Regular
Mar 4, 2002, 11:38 AM

I didn't see speed performance decreased in the latest builds, although it is true that IE renders some pages faster. Overall I find OW better and it's my default browser.
Can someone explain why some Flash sites don't work properly as they do in IE?

SMacSteve
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 4, 2002, 11:51 AM

Originally posted by Rex:
<STRONG>I didn't see speed performance decreased in the latest builds, although it is true that IE renders some pages faster. Overall I find OW better and it's my default browser.
Can someone explain why some Flash sites don't work properly as they do in IE?</STRONG>
Could it be that we're still seeing a memory leak that is slowing things down? It seems to happen after I've been using OW for awhile.

davidb224
Forum Regular
Mar 4, 2002, 12:47 PM

Originally posted by SMacSteve:
<STRONG>

Could it be that we're still seeing a memory leak that is slowing things down? It seems to happen after I've been using OW for awhile.</STRONG>
I'm seeing the same thing now with sp52. It seems to work OK for a while then it boggs down.
davidb

asxless
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2002, 02:01 PM

OOPS. SP52 seems to have regressed a bit on the javascript nav bar front. The nav bar at www.fidelity.com had been rendering correctly but not working correctly for the last several builds. With SP52 it doesn't even render correctly

asxless in iLand

Simon Mundy
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 4, 2002, 06:02 PM

Originally posted by Rex:
<STRONG>I didn't see speed performance decreased in the latest builds, although it is true that IE renders some pages faster. Overall I find OW better and it's my default browser.
Can someone explain why some Flash sites don't work properly as they do in IE?</STRONG>
What do you mean by 'don't work properly'? I've been using OW with the Flash 6 plugin to test my projects and it's working really well. Faster than IE!
Computer thez nohhh...

Spacemanspiff
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2002, 07:18 PM

Can't visit pages served by FileMaker WebCompanion with the 32+ SP's of OmniWeb.
This is what I get:

This is a problem (for me)!

Brazuca
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2002, 09:35 PM

anyone else having a hard time downloading the SP? Seems omnigroup.com is down.

gyc
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 4, 2002, 09:53 PM

The new accelerated scroll wheel behavior really really sucks. It makes scrolling much too jerky for me. Why mess with a good thing?

Ken at Omni
Mar 4, 2002, 10:32 PM

Originally posted by Brazuca:
<STRONG>anyone else having a hard time downloading the SP? Seems omnigroup.com is down.</STRONG>
In case you were wondering what happened to us (no e-mail or web access to omnigroup.com, phone lines dead), the construction workers working on the building next door left a crane unsecured when they went to lunch and the wind blew it straight into the power line across the street. This led to quite a few interesting electrical explosions (at the line and on the ground), firemen and police barricading our block from all traffic, TV newscasters on our street corner and in helicopters overhead, and, sadly, no power (or lunch or dinner!) at Omni.

The people working on fixing the problem originally estimated that we'd have power again by 4:30pm (we lost power just after noon), but we don't have it yet. (I'm posting this from home.)

The only reference I've found in my quick glance at the news is this article, "Thousands Left Without Power in University District", at http://www.seattleinsider.com/partne...4/outage.html. Wow, I had no idea the outage affected people beyond our block...

t_hah
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2002, 10:39 PM

Sorry to hear about your power troubles. Hopefully you guys will be back up running soon.
Keep up the good work, OmniWeb kicks ass!!!

t

wr11
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 4, 2002, 10:46 PM

I didn't know that there were any problems at omnigroup.com until I went to "Check for Updates..." in OmniWeb and I found myself looking at the rainbow o' death 2 times. Maybe the Update mechanism should know that there is no response and put up a dialog instead of grinding OmniWeb to a halt.

Ken at Omni
Mar 5, 2002, 12:01 AM

Originally posted by wr11:
<STRONG>I didn't know that there were any problems at omnigroup.com until I went to "Check for Updates..." in OmniWeb and I found myself looking at the rainbow o' death 2 times. Maybe the Update mechanism should know that there is no response and put up a dialog instead of grinding OmniWeb to a halt.</STRONG>
Absolutely! But, hmm, it does for me:

When I do a "Check for Updates..." right now (power's still out at Omni), OmniWeb immediately pops up an alert panel which says "Unable to check for new software. Attempting to check for updates failed due to the following error: Unable to retrieve information from omnigroup.com."

I'm not sure why it isn't doing this for you, perhaps you're having trouble resolving omnigroup.com and I'm not? (OmniWeb itself always does its hostname lookups in the background, but the software update code uses Apple's NSURL class which might not. I guess we should switch the software update code to use our own networking layer rather than Apple's.)

asxless
Mac Elite
Mar 5, 2002, 12:03 AM

<STRONG>...This led to quite a few interesting electrical explosions (at the line and on the ground), firemen and police barricading our block from all traffic, TV newscasters on our street corner and in helicopters overhead, and, sadly, no power (or lunch or dinner!) at Omni....</STRONG>
So Ken, does this mean we shouldn't expect an SP tonight?

asxless in iLand

Rickster
Mac Elite
Mar 5, 2002, 12:13 AM

The manual "Check for Updates..." is a synchronous task, but the automatic checking isn't -- it happens in the background and fails silently if it has problems. (This should change in a future release, though possibly not 4.1 final.) So, if you just let it auto-check regularly you should be fine for now.

Still no power at Omni, nor anywhere else in about a three-block radius of our next-door construction site. This isn't the first time our neighbors have caused problems either -- they cut our water supply twice last summer when they were digging for the foundation.
Rick Roe
icons.cx | weblog

Brazuca
Mac Elite
Mar 5, 2002, 12:50 AM

Originally posted by Rickster:
<STRONG>The manual "Check for Updates..." is a synchronous task, but the automatic checking isn't -- it happens in the background and fails silently if it has problems. (This should change in a future release, though possibly not 4.1 final.) So, if you just let it auto-check regularly you should be fine for now.

Still no power at Omni, nor anywhere else in about a three-block radius of our next-door construction site. This isn't the first time our neighbors have caused problems either -- they cut our water supply twice last summer when they were digging for the foundation. </STRONG>
Well...this was actually me that swung that crane on the powerlines. I just thought that Omni was working to hard and needed a break.
Or maybe it was MS trying to sabotage OW???

btw: Can you guys believe that MS is actually trying to flex their monopoly muscle on an Antitrust Case???

[APi]TheMan
Mac Elite
Mar 5, 2002, 09:41 PM

<STRONG>In case you were wondering what happened to us (no e-mail or web access to omnigroup.com, phone lines dead), the construction workers working on the building next door left a crane unsecured when they went to lunch and the wind blew it straight into the power line across the street. This led to quite a few interesting electrical explosions (at the line and on the ground), firemen and police barricading our block from all traffic, TV newscasters on our street corner and in helicopters overhead, and, sadly, no power (or lunch or dinner!) at Omni.</STRONG>
I find that kinda funny. Well, it'll be fixed and you'll be able to work once again Great job, Omni.
"In Nomine Patris, Et Fili, Et Spiritus Sancti"

schwa
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 6, 2002, 11:05 AM

The new scrolling functionality is maddening, at least with the scroll wheel on my Intellimouse Explorer. Please please please make this configurable!

Developer
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2002, 11:24 AM

• sp52 (or some other recent sneaky peek) seemed to introduce a bug with tables that draws an unnecessary outline on the top left. Is that possible?
  • I just noticed there's no Spanish localization of OmniWeb. Was there really nobody willing to contribute one? This is one of the most spoken languages in the world!
Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?" "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2002, 07:12 PM

Originally posted by Developer:
<STRONG>
  • sp52 (or some other recent sneaky peek) seemed to introduce a bug with tables that draws an unnecessary outline on the top left. Is that possible?
</STRONG>
I noticed on my homepage, the edge of the layout grid (GoLive) shows up as a thin grey line. Had not seen this before SP 52.

CV

Ken at Omni
Mar 6, 2002, 07:12 PM

Originally posted by schwa:
<STRONG>The new scrolling functionality is maddening, at least with the scroll wheel on my Intellimouse Explorer. Please please please make this configurable!</STRONG>
We did: look for "OAScrollWheelTargetScrollFactor" in the release notes. If you find an acceleration curve (flat or not) that you like better than the current default, please do let us know!

KidRed
Professional Poster
Mar 7, 2002, 04:23 AM

<STRONG>

We did: look for "OAScrollWheelTargetScrollFactor" in the release notes. If you find an acceleration curve (flat or not) that you like better than the current default, please do let us know!</STRONG>
Ken, if you are going to mess with scrolling at all, I wish you'd make it "glide" more like in VPC, it just slides along smoothly. Whereas right now, OW jumps an inch for every mouse scroll and then flies for two mouse scrolls. I like to scroll the wheel a couple of times to smoothly scroll the page, but in OW, once or twice and I'm at the bottom of a page. I will now try and find the file you mentioned above and delete it or configure it or whatever as I can't stand the scrolling now.

Also, http://www.ispq.com/ doesn't view and I was curious why OW renders 1 pixel borders with shading and ignores and color tag? Also, I still have to click on a page to get mouse overs to register. Otherwise, my mouseovers won't work in OW. Frustrating when I use OW to verify my site designs.

Simon Mundy
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 7, 2002, 05:40 AM

Originally posted by KidRed:
<STRONG>

Ken, if you are going to mess with scrolling at all, I wish you'd make it "glide" more like in VPC, it just slides along smoothly. Whereas right now, OW jumps an inch for every mouse scroll and then flies for two mouse scrolls. I like to scroll the wheel a couple of times to smoothly scroll the page, but in OW, once or twice and I'm at the bottom of a page. I will now try and find the file you mentioned above and delete it or configure it or whatever as I can't stand the scrolling now.

Also, http://www.ispq.com/ doesn't view and I was curious why OW renders 1 pixel borders with shading and ignores and color tag? Also, I still have to click on a page to get mouse overs to register. Otherwise, my mouseovers won't work in OW. Frustrating when I use OW to verify my site designs.</STRONG>
Not being funny, but there's little point in using a pre-beta browser to test your sites with. It's a lot safer sticking to 'release' versions!
Computer thez nohhh...

unfaded
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 7, 2002, 06:39 AM

<STRONG>

We did: look for "OAScrollWheelTargetScrollFactor" in the release notes. If you find an acceleration curve (flat or not) that you like better than the current default, please do let us know!</STRONG>
Ken - The whole problem is mouse drivers.

When I turn OFF acceleration in USB Overdrive, the accelerating scrolling of OmniWeb is fine. However, not every single user will know to do this. If there is a programming method which you can use to detect whether a user has it already installed, that'd be the best way of doing it (to see for yourself, download USB Overdrive and turn on Acceleration on the scroll wheel for OmniWeb - it's out of control!)

zonetuke
Forum Regular
Mar 7, 2002, 11:39 AM

I would really like to see keyboard control over the cookie windows. For example, it would be nice to hit R for Reject All. Also, the ability to sort cookies in the cookie pref panel would be awesome.

This is such a great browser!

matthew

[ 03-07-2002: Message edited by: zonetuke ]
Dual G5 2.3 GHz Powermac, 2.5 GB ram, GeForce 6600, Belkin 4 port USB hub,, SyncMaster 21" LCD, iMic.

KidRed
Professional Poster
Mar 7, 2002, 05:34 PM

Originally posted by Simon Mundy:
<STRONG>

Not being funny, but there's little point in using a pre-beta browser to test your sites with. It's a lot safer sticking to 'release' versions!</STRONG>
I test in IE, but IE was messing around so I viewed the same site in OW and noticed my mouse overs wouldn't work unless I clicked on a blank part of the page first. Every 4.x release did the same, so I'm not sure your point.

Han's Hands on Leia
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 7, 2002, 05:53 PM

Darn, OmniWeb does not support iFrames. Both IE and Netscape 6 do.

"I thought they smelt bad on the outside."

forkies
Mac Elite
Mar 7, 2002, 10:16 PM

What's up with this working in both IE, Mozilla, and OmniWeb when this makes OmniWeb choke? Why does replacing the button with an image break it?

Mystical, magical, amazing! | Part 2 | The spread of Christianity is our goal. -Railroader

davidb224
Forum Regular
Mar 8, 2002, 01:04 AM

Originally posted by Simon Mundy:
<STRONG>Not being funny, but there's little point in using a pre-beta browser to test your sites with.</STRONG>
I don't understand why some people want to do that. I think we should support OW and help test the sneakypeek's, but not on home-made sites...

[ 03-08-2002: Message edited by: davidb224 ]

davidb

KidRed
Professional Poster
Mar 8, 2002, 02:14 AM

<STRONG>

I don't understand why some people want to do that. I think we should support OW and help test the sneakypeek's, but not on home-made sites...

[ 03-08-2002: Message edited by: davidb224 ]</STRONG>
Read my repsonse above and you'll understand.

Forum Links
Forum Rules