Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Battlestar Galactica [SPOILERS]

Battlestar Galactica [SPOILERS] (Page 34)
ngcreese
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2006, 06:36 AM

Come to think of it, Galactica is pretty huge... to see all of the ship on screen, from a ground position looking up, means she was actually not too close to the ground. Yet size and closeness can be misjudged when a very large object is moving at very high (terminal) velocity with no other visual point of reference in the shot.

Galactica almost seemed like the size of a Raptor in that shot. If you were to imagine a Raptor flying along side Galactica at that moment to get a point of reference, the Raptor would look like just a spec in relation.

Also, if you listen carefully, when she jumps out there is a "boom", probably sonic in nature and effectively several miles away from the camera's view point. There are also the remnants of the windy vacuum effects of air rushing into to fill the raw, pure vacuum left behind after a low altitude jump.

Also, I'm not surprised that the boom is relatively quiet. Even at close range, the gun shots heard in the show are muted. Real gun shots heard up close are almost defining, yet we can hear everything, everyone says, despite that fact that there is a full, all out gun battle going on. That's not unique to BSG, that's just the way it goes. Wonderful episode!
( Last edited by ngcreese; Oct 23, 2006 at 06:43 AM. )

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Oct 23, 2006, 09:44 AM

Whoa. I missed last week's episode, and so I saw all of Exodus in one shot yesterday.

Ouch. I mean, ouch. It was all I could do to keep from going all Li'l Brudder (which would have been problematic in this group of friends) during the Tigh/Ellen scene. Not that I feel particularly sorry for Ellen, but Saul... poor, poor Saul. Whether through her presence or her absence, Ellen has been the biggest problem in his life for years, and it seems as though she has no intention of letting a little thing like being dead stop her, and yet the man still loves her. It's sad: for all the wonderful things we say about love -most of it true- it can still drive people to their own destruction.

The resolution of the Casey story seemed really strange to me, but it still fits somehow. It feels like a cop-out, but then, in the current climate of sci-fi, I'm not sure any of the possibilities wouldn't have felt like a cop-out. This one has the advantage of leaving her life situation relatively unchanged, while likely frakking her mental state up big-time. And speaking of frakked-up mental states, is it just me, or is that going to be one seriously maladjusted little girl?

Adama Facts:
  • Adama is a mammal.
  • Adama fights ALL THE TIME.
  • The purpose of Adama is to flip out and kill Cylons.
If you don't believe that Adama has REAL ULTIMATE POWER you had better get a life right now or he will chop your head off!!! It's an easy choice, if you ask me.

The fanfic writers are going to go insane over Roslin/Zarek. If those two aren't sleeping together by the end of the season I think the shippers will riot. I just hope they don't show it onscreen: I have no desire to see either of them in that sort of scene.

Does Adama actually know that Hera is alive? Maybe I've just got my timeline mixed up, but I didn't think we actually saw him with the baby after he gave the order to terminate the pregnancy. Sharon said that he wouldn't lie to her: perhaps, as far as he knows, he really wasn't lying? Did Roslin keep Hera's continued existence a secret even from him?

And finally... how do you suppose they'll reintegrate the crews of Galactica and Pegasus? Helo will probably remain XO (it's not as if Tigh is in any condition to return to that position), but for example, who's going to be CAG? And just what will they do with Tigh, anyway? Maybe they'll start a military academy and have him run it?
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Oct 23, 2006, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by ngcreese View Post
I don't remember 6's reaction to her. What happened back then?
It was very cryptic -Six always is- but she warned Baltar to keep an eye on her. It's also worth noting that Baltar tested her, but he never told anyone what the results really were: he said she passed but he says that about everyone.

MRTrauffer
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 23, 2006, 10:01 AM

I don't have a TV at home, but thanks to iTunes, I've been getting caught up on the BSG storyline. I must say that I've never been held in suspense by a TV show like that before. Cliff-hangers, left and right. Brilliant writing. I downloaded season 3 yesterday afternoon, and started watching...I couldn't leave my chair. As a friend of mine put it, Exodus pt. 2 was just great TV. I'm looking forward to the rest of this season.
I gotta have more cowbell.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 23, 2006, 12:03 PM

Damn that indecisive Lee.

If he would have agreed to help out Adama in the beginning things would have been better for the following reasons.

1) they could have transfered the crew to the Pegasus and had the Battlestar do the suicide run. Sentimental reasons aside there is no arguing the Pegasus is much more powerful and requires less staff.

2) They could have planed a joint rescue that could have avoided the destruction of either ship.

At the very least I hope lee transfered every last viper and bullet off the Pegasus before he decided to make a one way trip.

"She's gone from suck to blow!"

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Oct 23, 2006, 12:14 PM

I thought it was kind of clear that Admiral Adama thought the Galactica would make it out all right. There was that decisive moment(s):

"4, We can't hold off 4..."
"Then that's it... It's been an honor"

He didn't expect the Galactica to be going on a one way trip. So Lee's arrival was unexpected. Also, Adama mentioned that Lee left all his fighters to guard the civilian fleet.
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Oct 23, 2006, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
1) they could have transfered the crew to the Pegasus and had the Battlestar do the suicide run. Sentimental reasons aside there is no arguing the Pegasus is much more powerful and requires less staff.
True, but this is part of why Adama left Pegasus behind. That way, if the rescue operation failed, the stronger ship would be left behind guarding the remaining civilian fleet.
2) They could have planed a joint rescue that could have avoided the destruction of either ship.
Adama underestimated the number of Cylon basestars guarding New Caprica: he thought there were only two.
At the very least I hope lee transfered every last viper and bullet off the Pegasus before he decided to make a one way trip.
Adama seemed to think that Lee left the Vipers behind to guard the civilian fleet. This would make a lot of sense.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 23, 2006, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by SirCastor View Post
I thought it was kind of clear that Admiral Adama thought the Galactica would make it out all right. There was that decisive moment(s):

"4, We can't hold off 4..."
"Then that's it... It's been an honor"

He didn't expect the Galactica to be going on a one way trip. So Lee's arrival was unexpected. Also, Adama mentioned that Lee left all his fighters to guard the civilian fleet.
I think it was made pretty clear that Adama knew it was taking on more than he could handle especially with a half staff battlestar but he knew he couldn't live with himself if he didn't at least try. So for him it is better to die knowing they at least tried.

To me Adama knew the odds were incredibly low of winning but he knew telling Pegasus to leave was the right thing to do in the military sense and trying to rescue the civilians was the wrong thing to do in a military sense but the right thing to do in the moral sense.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 23, 2006, 03:38 PM

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Oct 23, 2006, 04:04 PM

That pumpkin is now another excuse for me to learn electronics.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 23, 2006, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Millennium View Post
The fanfic writers are going to go insane over Roslin/Zarek. If those two aren't sleeping together by the end of the season I think the shippers will riot. I just hope they don't show it onscreen: I have no desire to see either of them in that sort of scene.
I hope not. I'm still in the Adama+Roslin camp.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 23, 2006, 07:15 PM

Starbuck/Roslin, Adama/Zarek all the way!
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

bstone
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2006, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Starbuck/Roslin, Adama/Zarek all the way!
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

brapper
Professional Poster
Oct 24, 2006, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by bstone View Post
seconded.

forkies
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2006, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by brapper View Post
seconded.
it depends, which adama?

nm, eww

Mystical, magical, amazing! | Part 2 | The spread of Christianity is our goal. -Railroader

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Oct 24, 2006, 06:36 AM

...what have I done?...

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2006, 08:45 AM

So what ever happened to imaginary Baltar that Caprica 6 sees/saw?

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

OreoCookie
Oct 24, 2006, 09:22 AM

Adama underestimated the number of Cylon basestars guarding New Caprica: he thought there were only two.
Well, but even then, why wasn't Galactica sacrificed instead of Pegasus? (Short answer: they had to change the name of the show, but anyway ) The maneuver was used to buy time anyway. I don't see the necessity to sacrifice the stronger ship. Also, it seems kind of naïve for someone like (Admiral) Adama to underestimate the strength of the opponent by disregarding the possibility of Cylon reinforcements that are standing nearby.
Adama seemed to think that Lee left the Vipers behind to guard the civilian fleet. This would make a lot of sense.
Yes, indeed.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Oct 24, 2006, 10:01 AM

I almost thought they were going to dump the Galactica, and recomission the Pegasus. I'm glad they didn't because I like the Galactica set.
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2006, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by SirCastor View Post
I almost thought they were going to dump the Galactica, and recomission the Pegasus. I'm glad they didn't because I like the Galactica set.
Same here. I like the exterior of Pegasus but the interior of BSG more. The sets are bigger with more crew, more weathered and realistic. Not surprising as they bought the Pegasus sets from the cancelled lost in space TV show and only planned on using them for a short while.

Anywho, the other cool thing about the show is that they are an old ship that isn't top of the line with impossible odds. Dangerous situations aren't as tense if you have a huge ship with tons of firepower.

BSG has been good in maintaining the feel of the rag tag fleet so if they were suddenly the most powerful battlestar it wouldn't feel the same.

Voyager tried the same thing but they went from being alone, lost in a small ship to the "powerful ship with advanced technology" that somehow every planet within 20 light-years heard about before they even got there.

Pegasus was a great change for a while and I was surprised they kept it around as long as they did as with star Trek it would have been gone at the end of a 2 parter.

OreoCookie
Oct 24, 2006, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker View Post
So what ever happened to imaginary Baltar that Caprica 6 sees/saw?
That has never been fully explained, but it seems that a virtual Caprica 6 is not necessary if she is standing right next to them. I have always understood the virtual Caprica 6/Baltar as a mode of communication between the two of them.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2006, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
That has never been fully explained, but it seems that a virtual Caprica 6 is not necessary if she is standing right next to them. I have always understood the virtual Caprica 6/Baltar as a mode of communication between the two of them.
Imaginary 6 did appear when Baltar found the baby and Caprica 6 was standing right behind him.
I wonder why Caprica 6 and Baltar don't ever talk about the fact that they hallucinate one another.

For me it is the most interesting aspect of the show.

OreoCookie
Oct 24, 2006, 11:29 AM

Imaginary 6 did appear when Baltar found the baby and Caprica 6 was standing right behind him.
I wonder why Caprica 6 and Baltar don't ever talk about the fact that they hallucinate one another.

For me it is the most interesting aspect of the show.
You're right, I just checked. But that was (to the best of my knowledge) the first time … 
Usually it was used as some form of covert communication (i. e. without bystanders noticing anything), but in that case, they were (initially) by themselves … 

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2006, 11:34 AM

You're right, I just checked. But that was (to the best of my knowledge) the first time … 
Usually it was used as some form of covert communication (i. e. without bystanders noticing anything), but in that case, they were (initially) by themselves … 
Imaginary Six doesn't normally appear only when Baltar is alone, in fact she seems to enjoy pestering him when he is talking to someone.

That last time I remember Imaginary 6 was at the end of season 2 when she said "judgement day" when the cylons arrived on the plant.

finboy
Oct 24, 2006, 12:45 PM

...what have I done?...
I think the Imaginary 6/Imaginary Baltar are a result of a cross-linked upload when Caprica bought it (meaning Baltar is Cylon). Imaginary 6 got some of his "spine" -- otherwise, how could a wiener like him get as far as he did before the war?

Anyway, I think we're going to find out that Baltar is No. 1. That's why they won't let him die -- they don't want President Baltar to find out he's a Cylon. Caprica 6 is his bodyguard.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 24, 2006, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by finboy View Post
I think the Imaginary 6/Imaginary Baltar are a result of a cross-linked upload when Caprica bought it (meaning Baltar is Cylon). Imaginary 6 got some of his "spine" -- otherwise, how could a wiener like him get as far as he did before the war?

Anyway, I think we're going to find out that Baltar is No. 1. That's why they won't let him die -- they don't want President Baltar to find out he's a Cylon. Caprica 6 is his bodyguard.
I highly doubt Baltar is a Cylon. That's just too easy of a road to be taken for BSG.
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2006, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by finboy View Post

There are 3 moments in the pilot that I find unresolved and very important.

First Six met with a mystery person before the attack that they never show.

Second, somehow Baltar survived the blast that destroyed his house and killed six. After that point he was a totally different person and starting seeing Imaginary 6. They also show the scene of the house being blasted in the opening title for every season even though most of the other footage has all been replaced.

Third, what was the reason for 6 carrying that transponder with her all the time in the pilot?

These are things I can't get out of my mind and I hope they are as important as I think they are.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2006, 01:14 PM

I think this solves some of our questions:

"There�s one that involves a human POW who�s been trapped on the Cylon base ship for the last four years, and when we meet him we realize it�s a great homecoming for him because he was one of Adama�s pilots. But by the middle of the episode you realize the reason why this guy was taken prisoner was because Adama shot his ship down. And it becomes sort of an episode about why such a thing would have happened and how Adama begins to believe that on some level he might have been responsible for provoking the Cylon attack on the 12 Colonies"

So that sounds like that new black character and why Adama feels responsible for the war.

"Five and six is a two-parter about the discovery of a dying base ship and a plague that has befallen the Cylons. "

NP: So youre dividing the season into two halves again, with a mid-season finale?

DE: Exactly, although the breaking between the two halves is much shorter. I think it was four months last year and its only going to be a month this year.

http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/4175/58/

OreoCookie
Oct 24, 2006, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by goMac View Post
I highly doubt Baltar is a Cylon. That's just too easy of a road to be taken for BSG.
Agreed. And it's totally pointless: if Baltar were a Cylon, why would the Cylons have needed another Cylon (Caprica 6) to crack the Colonial defense mainframe?

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2006, 01:21 PM

Agreed. And it's totally pointless: if Baltar were a Cylon, why would the Cylons have needed another Cylon (Caprica 6) to crack the Colonial defense mainframe?
Agreed but what if because 6 fell in love with him she couldn't stand to see him die so she secretly constructed a body for him and transfered his mind into it. That would explain how the minds seem to be mixed somehow and who Six met with before the attack.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 24, 2006, 01:43 PM

Agreed but what if because 6 fell in love with him she couldn't stand to see him die so she secretly constructed a body for him and transfered his mind into it. That would explain how the minds seem to be mixed somehow and who Six met with before the attack.
Doesn't make sense. In Downloaded it's made clear that Six didn't know whether or not Baltar survived the attacks.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 24, 2006, 01:45 PM

There are 12 models. Unless Baltar was a Cylon to begin with, there wouldn't have been a Baltar Cylon body.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2006, 01:46 PM

Doesn't make sense. In Downloaded it's made clear that Six didn't know whether or not Baltar survived the attacks.
Yes and no. She doesn't know he is STILL alive at the time meaning he got off the planet.

Either way, I might not know how it all goes together but I still think it is an important point.

In season 1 I guessed that 6 would see an imaginary baltar and it turned out to be true in season 2.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 24, 2006, 01:55 PM

Yes and no. She doesn't know he is STILL alive at the time meaning he got off the planet.

Either way, I might not know how it all goes together but I still think it is an important point.

In season 1 I guessed that 6 would see an imaginary baltar and it turned out to be true in season 2.
I think there is something more to Baltar, but I don't think it's that he's a Cylon. There seems to be a general group of "special" people, but BSG wouldn't make it that easy on us and just call them Cylons.

kikkoman
Senior User
Oct 24, 2006, 02:53 PM

thanks to this thread i'm renting the series on Netflix. i'm still on season 1 but so far it's pretty good tv. the blond cylon chick is really hawt.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2006, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by kikkoman View Post
thanks to this thread i'm renting the series on Netflix. i'm still on season 1 but so far it's pretty good tv. the blond cylon chick is really hawt.
That would be Tricia Helfer, and you are correct:

"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2006, 05:08 PM

So in the 303 podcast it is mentioned that aperently the reason there are only 2-4 basestars by new caprica is because the cylons are off doing "something else". This new caprica thing is just a little side project. Wonder what those sneaks are up to.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 24, 2006, 05:17 PM

So in the 303 podcast it is mentioned that aperently the reason there are only 2-4 basestars by new caprica is because the cylons are off doing "something else". This new caprica thing is just a little side project. Wonder what those sneaks are up to.
Finding Earth?

13 total gods. 12 Colonial Gods + 1 Cylon god.
13 total colonies. 12 Colonial Colonies + 1 Earth.

Hmmmmmm...

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2006, 05:24 PM

Finding Earth?

13 total gods. 12 Colonial Gods + 1 Cylon god.
13 total colonies. 12 Colonial Colonies + 1 Earth.

Hmmmmmm...
I don't know if they are out looking or if they care. Boomer knew where to find the Tomb of Athina which includes direction to earth. The Arrow of Apollo was on Caprica and the Cylons didn't care. Boomer mentions she knows more about the stories than the humans. The Cylons are cleaning up Old Caprica as they seem to want to use it for something.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2006, 05:26 PM

"The twelve models are based on on archetypes determined by the Cylons that form what they perceive were the specific kinds of human behavior and/or personality, distilled into twelve varieties."

So I guess that is a part answer to why each one has a different job/personality (pilot, PR, priest, doctor, seductress, religious nut etc.)

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Cylon_agent

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 24, 2006, 05:28 PM

I don't know if they are out looking or if they care. Boomer knew where to find the Tomb of Athina which includes direction to earth. The Arrow of Apollo was on Caprica and the Cylons didn't care. Boomer mentions she knows more about the stories than the humans. The Cylons are cleaning up Old Caprica as they seem to want to use it for something.
Cylons left Old Caprica.

I think maybe the Cylons already knew what direction Earth was in, or for some reason the arrow was redundant.

Or perhaps they left it as a trap. The Cylons seemed to know that someone would come back for it.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2006, 05:33 PM

Cylons left Old Caprica.
What when?

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 24, 2006, 05:34 PM

What when?
End of season 2. The Cylons left all 12 of the colonies.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2006, 05:49 PM

End of season 2. The Cylons left all 12 of the colonies.
Weird I don't remember that.

reader50
Administrator
Oct 24, 2006, 08:07 PM

I was poking around through credits, building a list of correct spellings for various names. Came across a few items of possible interest.

"Hot Dog" is played by Bodie Olmos, the real-life son of Edward James Olmos (Admiral Adama). Wikipedia already knew about this, but I hadn't. I wonder if this makes his character kill-proof. Probably not, the writers seem to be in charge of BSG.

In Colonial Day, we run into Roslin's preferred candidate for VP, Wallace Gray. He apparently had a history in politics, and the press already knew all about the "Fatuous Gasbag". We have not run into him before or since. There may be some extra significance to this guy.
"Caprica" will be set more than 50 years prior to the events of "Battlestar Galactica" and focus on the lives of two families -- the Adamas (ancestors of future Galactica commander William) and the Graystones. Humankind's Twelve Colonies are at peace and on the verge of a technological breakthrough: the first Cylon.
Could Wallace Gray be a descendant of the mysterious Graystones, which no one has turned up any references to? If you assume the Graystones championed creating the Cylons, then they might very well change the family name a little bit afterwards. Just like many families removed "Von" from their names after WW2.

For anyone interested, here are the hard-to-spell principals, alpha by last name.

Anastasia Adama (formerly Anastasia Dualla), still probably called "Dee"
Karl Agathon - call sign "Helo"
Sharon Agathon - call sign currently unknown (Cylon #8)
Kara Anders - call sign "Starbuck" (formerly Kara Thrace)
Samuel (Sam) T. Anders
Gaius Baltar
D'Anna Biers - Cylon #3
Brother Cavil - Cylon #?
Leoben Conoy - Cylon #?
Aaron Doral - Cylon #5
Felix Gaeta
Laura Roslin
Cally Tyrol
Galen Tyrol - Union head, formerly Port Deck Chief, BSG
Sharon Valerii - call sign "Boomer" (Cylon #8)

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 24, 2006, 09:13 PM

Sure. At the end of Season 2 Galactica sends a team to Caprica, finds the Cylons have left, and a Caval comes out and announces the Cylons have left the twelve colonies.

bstone
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2006, 11:22 PM

They did. Anders told it to Adm Adama when he got aboard the Galactica. Brother Cavil said the same.
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Oct 25, 2006, 02:12 AM

Aliens would be an interesting addition to this show...

Klingons?

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 25, 2006, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
Aliens would be an interesting addition to this show...

Klingons?
Edward Olmos has already said he's leaving the show the moment a bumpy headed alien shows up.

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 25, 2006, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
There is an outside party interfering in Human-Cylon affairs. Someone passed info to D'anna through the Tent Oracle. That party might also be responsible for Imaginary Six / Imaginary Baltar. An advanced alien race? The Cylons are occupied elsewhere, with most of their military resources diverted. Possibly they are at war with another species. It's even possible that both outside parties are the same, an alien race under attack that is trying to create diversions with the Cylon's historical enemies.
Aliens? Uh, dude... did you miss the dialog completely? I'm sensing that you feel uncomfortable with the whole Cylon god thing. You do realize that BSG is presented as fiction right? You can leave your prejudices at the door and enjoy it as a good show since it is presented as SciFi.

Speculation is great and all but you are going way out into left field here for some reason and straying away from the new BSG cannon. If you read what the producers, writers and principle actors say about the series, the series could be seen as a social commentary of tensions between different ideologies or religions.

If you know anything about the original BSG, the colonials in that series were sort of Mormons in space and the Cylons were just unemotional killing machines. With this new series, the colonials seem to be more pagan, believing in a pantheon of gods while the Cylons appear to be single-minded mono-theistic Mormons.

Glen Larson was known to be a member of the LDS church during the 80's at least and he produced the original series as well as being one of the producers of this new one.
( Last edited by aristotles; Oct 25, 2006 at 03:40 AM. )
--
Aristotle
15" rMBP 2.7 Ghz ,16GB, 768GB SSD, 64GB iPhone 5 S⃣ 128GB iPad Air LTE

Forum Links
Forum Rules