Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Battlestar Galactica [SPOILERS]

Battlestar Galactica [SPOILERS] (Page 53)
analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 15, 2007, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
Go have out that argument in the HD-DVD vs. BluRay thread, we don't need the fanboy crap in here. As it stands right now no one is winning and everyone (especially the consumer) is losing.
No right now BR has more players in the market, more disks for sale, more studio support, more upcoming titles, 97% market share in Japan, and most importantly double the HD-DVD disk sales.

That doesn't sound Even Steven to me.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 15, 2007, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES View Post
No right now BR has more players in the market, more disks for sale, more studio support, more upcoming titles, 97% market share in Japan, and most importantly double the HD-DVD disk sales.

That doesn't sound Even Steven to me.
He's right. Move it out of the thread if you want to debate Bluray vs. HD-DVD.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 15, 2007, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by goMac View Post
He's right. Move it out of the thread if you want to debate Bluray vs. HD-DVD.
I had my say so if you want to dispute it with vaporware 51 gig disks and imaginary sales numbers feel free to do so there.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 15, 2007, 06:25 PM

I had my say so if you want to dispute it with vaporware 51 gig disks and imaginary sales numbers feel free to do so there.
Whatever. BG is coming out on HD-DVD. If you'd like to whine about HD-DVD, this isn't the thread to do it in.
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

mrtew
Professional Poster
Mar 15, 2007, 08:53 PM

Whatever. BG is coming out on HD-DVD. If you'd like to whine about HD-DVD, this isn't the thread to do it in.
yeah sorry for bring up HD at all! http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lou...d-who-winning/

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

reader50
Administrator
Mar 17, 2007, 12:48 AM

Reward for those paying attention in the latest ep (The Son Also Rises), watch the background of Adm. Adama's quarters during the discussions with Lee. I took a snapshot and kicked up the light levels:

After the insurance paid off the hundreds of thousands of dollars for the museum-grade model, I wonder if the show got the real remnants. He might be a bit more careful with it from now on.

Also, for those who missed it in the ensuing noise about HD-DVD vs BluRay, the noise was prompted by my posting some news. A complete Season 2 DVD set is scheduled for release on May 8, 2007 for $52.49 at Amazon. Personally, I passed on the dodgy 2.0/2.5 release, holding out for a properly mastered Complete Season 2. So this may be very good news for the 95% of us not currently caught up in the HD format battles.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 18, 2007, 12:42 PM

This show better get moving before it is cancelled. It started out great, but has stalled since they left the planet with the supernova. I'm losing interest, fast.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Mar 18, 2007, 12:58 PM

What's this about insurance paying for the model ship? Wasn't it a movie prop?

Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
Reward for those paying attention in the latest ep (The Son Also Rises), watch the background of Adm. Adama's quarters during the discussions with Lee. I took a snapshot and kicked up the light levels:

After the insurance paid off the hundreds of thousands of dollars for the museum-grade model, I wonder if the show got the real remnants. He might be a bit more careful with it from now on.

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Mar 18, 2007, 01:02 PM

I found it:

The model ship Adama was building over the course of the series was a very expensive rental prop which Edward James Olmos destroyed in an ad-lib expression of Adama's grief over the loss of Starbuck, much to the props crew's dismay as the model was valued in the range of the $100,000s. Thankfully, the ship was insured.

Maelstrom - Battlestar Wiki

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Mar 18, 2007, 01:18 PM

Isn't the whole point of props to be something that only looks like the real thing?

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Mar 18, 2007, 02:46 PM

Aparently someone forgot to tell Edward James Olmos that it was a museum piece.

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
Isn't the whole point of props to be something that only looks like the real thing?

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 18, 2007, 04:18 PM

On that note I can't believe the starboard landing bay is still a gift ship or whatever. You'd think even one of the battles now would have blown that glass out or they might actually use it as a launch bay.

reader50
Administrator
Mar 18, 2007, 05:45 PM

The forward glass window is intact, the rear got ruptured early in Season 2. We don't know the current status of the bay itself (it was a museum space), or even if the rear window got repaired. It hasn't appeared in any shot since that I can recall.

The hanger deck below it hosts Dogville / Camp Oilslick, where the civvies are camped out. Also, the forward section got used for a boxing event awhile back, so apparently the crew reserves the forward section for recreation activities. Finally, some part of the Starboard Hanger Deck (the same forward area used for recreation?) gets used now and then for large formal gatherings. Speeches, the awarding of medals, and memorial services.

In "A Measure Of Salvation" Apollo made one reference during a flight to "approaching Starboard Hanger ..." [interruption]. However, I don't see how the Starboard flight pod could be in service with all the civilians present. btw, the Gift Shop was in the Starboard viper launch facilities, within the hanger bay.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 18, 2007, 05:56 PM

The forward glass window is intact, the rear got ruptured early in Season 2. We don't know the current status of the bay itself (it was a museum space), or even if the rear window got repaired. It hasn't appeared in any shot since that I can recall.

The hanger deck below it hosts Dogville / Camp Oilslick, where the civvies are camped out. Also, the forward section got used for a boxing event awhile back, so apparently the crew reserves the forward section for recreation activities. Finally, some part of the Starboard Hanger Deck (the same forward area used for recreation?) gets used now and then for large formal gatherings. Speeches, the awarding of medals, and memorial services.

In "A Measure Of Salvation" Apollo made one reference during a flight to "approaching Starboard Hanger ..." [interruption]. However, I don't see how the Starboard flight pod could be in service with all the civilians present. btw, the Gift Shop was in the Starboard viper launch facilities, within the hanger bay.

Sounds good but I wonder what the production background is for it if any. perhaps they did it to save money on recycling stock footage or didn't want to worry about making a mirror set for the other deck.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 18, 2007, 11:19 PM

Don't know if anyone here has seen the site below, but if the spoilers posted there for next week are true, then wow. Given that some of what was posted there came to pass this evening, I'm inclined to think the rest will also.

Do *not* click on the link below if you don't want to know may transpire next week.

aintitcoolnews.com

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 18, 2007, 11:42 PM

Another good ep.

"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 18, 2007, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by xi_hyperon View Post
Don't know if anyone here has seen the site below, but if the spoilers posted there for next week are true, then wow. Given that some of what was posted there came to pass this evening, I'm inclined to think the rest will also.

Do *not* click on the link below if you don't want to know may transpire next week.

aintitcoolnews.com

I don't buy that at all.

bstone
Mac Elite
Mar 18, 2007, 11:52 PM

I don't buy that at all.

it's right on so far. scarily accurate
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 19, 2007, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by bstone View Post
it's right on so far. scarily accurate
It looks like they got stuff from this episode mixed in with stuff that doesn't make sense. I mean if Anders is one of the final 5

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Mar 19, 2007, 02:19 AM

Why do they bother showing a bonus scene at the end? Why not just show it in sequence. It's stupid if you ask me. If they want to show a bonus scene, show us one from next week.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 19, 2007, 09:51 AM

BTW, out of curiosity, does anyone know where Severed Hand of Skywalker went? Haven't seen him post comments in the BSG thread in awhile.

Thorzdad
Mar 19, 2007, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
Why do they bother showing a bonus scene at the end? Why not just show it in sequence. It's stupid if you ask me. If they want to show a bonus scene, show us one from next week.
To get you to sit through an additional block of ads.
I, generally, think the "bonus scenes" have been stupid, though the one last week between boomer and Cally was actually pretty good.

Visnaut
Senior User
Mar 19, 2007, 10:43 AM

Wow, last night night's ep was good. I love how they're building the tension for next week.

The two Adamas squaring off; Helo's foreshadowing; Baltar's trial; head Baltar and head Six's appearances; the wierd music; and the cylon fleet silently stalking them. The strings are all bring pulled now.

Hopefully those that were disappointed with the lack of the cylons chase action are a little bit consoled that they've been trailing them all this time ;-)

Two things I observed:
  • Despite Admiral Adama accepting Lee's resignation, he still took his advice in splitting up the refinery ship to try to lure the cylons away from the main fleet.
  • Head Baltar displayed knowledge of events beyond the actual experiences of Caprica Six, providing evidence again that the head figures are an outside force manipulating current events.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 19, 2007, 12:05 PM

Well, I got an email from scifi.com telling me we'll see who the final five are this week, so the aintitcool spoilers might well be right. Come to think of it, they were spot-on last year for the season finale spoilers.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Eug
Clinically Insane
Mar 19, 2007, 12:15 PM

I'm of the opinion that Starbuck will be back, in some form or another, possibly even this season (as in the next episode).

Originally Posted by SirCastor View Post
okay, Theories aside, it's pretty safe to say that Starbuck actually died here. For those of you with less than perfect memories (like me):

ship during explosion

after explosion
She had her hand near the eject lever. That gives them a way out (even though you can't see any evidence of her ejecting).

and someone mentioned the raider being visible from Lee's Perspective, I took that one too, just to check. At first I thought that the Raider disappeared before Starbuck showed, but here's a shot with all three...
Yup. What I don't understand is why Lee didn't make a big deal of this, to confirm that what Starbuck saw was real.

Ron Moore has verified Lee did not see the raider.
Meh. Too convenient, Ron!

Originally Posted by UNTeMac View Post
Does anyone miss the feel of the early shows? I go back and watch some from Season's 1 and 2 and I just miss the way Human and Cylon just plain fought. The human's plight felt desperate and it was thrilling when they won victories.

Now, the show is nothing but one character piece after another. We keep getting hints that something will finally happen to explain everything but I feel like I'm being strung along so they can eek out another season. Let's have a damn space battle! The last great action in this show was when Galactica jumped into New Caprica's atmospere during the rescue battle. I miss that so much.
What's even worse is that all the character pieces are flashbacks.

BTW, out of curiosity, does anyone know where Severed Hand of Skywalker went? Haven't seen him post comments in the BSG thread in awhile.
He's most definitely posting here. And no, it's not me.

Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
The model ship Adama was building over the course of the series was a very expensive rental prop which Edward James Olmos destroyed in an ad-lib expression of Adama's grief over the loss of Starbuck, much to the props crew's dismay as the model was valued in the range of the $100,000s. Thankfully, the ship was insured.

Maelstrom - Battlestar Wiki
Holy frickin' crap. Double ouch. However, would the insurance actually pay for it considering that Olmos did it on purpose?

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 19, 2007, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane View Post
Well, I got an email from scifi.com telling me we'll see who the final five are this week, so the aintitcool spoilers might well be right. Come to think of it, they were spot-on last year for the season finale spoilers.
If the final 5 are the ones they listed in that rumor I might stop watching.

:dragonflypro:
Senior User
Mar 19, 2007, 04:49 PM

I don't see how Saul could be a part of the Final 5. Adama knew him in the first Cylon War.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 19, 2007, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
I'm of the opinion that Starbuck will be back, in some form or another, possibly even this season (as in the next episode).
I'm standing by my wormhole theory.

My opinion on last night's episode was everybody was just.. wrong. Lee was a dick. Adama wasn't honorable. Saul was drunk and blaming others for his problems (ok, maybe that's not so abnormal). Roslyn was playing dirty. And in the end, Baltar's lawyer was right. What Baltar did gave humanity the best chance of survival. The fleet voted (basically) to settle on New Caprica. They elected Baltar. And now they want someone to blame for their mistake.

Baltar is not a great human being. If he was on trial for the Old Caprica stuff, I might feel a little differently. But you can't blame him for the New Caprica stuff.

reader50
Administrator
Mar 19, 2007, 05:20 PM

They're mostly charging Baltar with the wrong crimes. Being stupid or incompetent is not generally illegal. He was criminally negligent about the Caprica stuff, and certainly violated nondisclosure agreements regarding the defense contracts. Which the prosecution won't know anything about unless Caprica Six talks.

Instead, they should charge him with stuff that's illegal, and that the prosecution could prove:

• Baltar signed a death warrant for ~200 innocent people, including his Vice-President. Apparently, Baltar's life was more important than the lives of those fighting back.
• Vice President Tom Zarek was detained without charges for refusing to collaborate. This was done on Baltar's orders "he got a little pissed" rather than anything the Cylons did.
• Baltar did not live up to the Presidential Oath, which has to be legally binding - you aren't President until you swear the Oath in front of witnesses. Lots of stuff here, mostly violating the part about upholding the sovereignty of the Colonies. He surrendered without a shot being fired. Surrendered without at least asking for terms. Didn't assist the Resistance during the occupation, whereas his aide was able to. Consorted (slept) with the other side.
• Collaboration with the enemy in time of war - after the evacuation of New Caprica. He didn't try to sabotage the Cylons while they pursued the survivors. Evidence: Baltar is still alive.
• Criminal negligence: the nuclear bomb issued to him for the Cylon Detector work. He failed to account for it. "Lost" it from his lab, didn't notice it missing afterwards, didn't report it missing.
• Summary execution of Crashdown on Kobol. Cally could volunteer that info to the prosecution, and it would be in character for her to do so. Cally is a lit fuse type. The Chief could too, along with the other woman who survived.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 19, 2007, 05:23 PM

Baltar did not live up to the Presidential Oath, which has to be legally binding - you aren't President until you swear the Oath in front of witnesses. Lots of stuff here, mostly violating the part about upholding the sovereignty of the Colonies. He surrendered without a shot being fired. Surrendered without at least asking for terms. Didn't assist the Resistance during the occupation, whereas his aid was able to. Consorted (slept) with the other side.
To be fair, if he hadn't surrendered, the Cylons would have probably lobbed a few nukes at New Caprica, killing everyone, and left.

OreoCookie
Mar 19, 2007, 05:38 PM

It's strange that Baltar hasn't told his attorney (and Lee) that a gun was put to his head so he would sign the death warrants. Instead, Baltar freaked … 

I also agree that Baltar might be convicted of many things, but to prove he was directly responsible for something is very difficult indeed. His lawyer has a point: if he hadn't surrendered, who knows how many humas would have been killed?

I don't still see how Tigh is a Cylon, let alone one of the final five. The Cylons seem to have a very, ahem, difficult relationship with the final five. If he were one of the final five, he wouldn't be helping them, now would he?

Overall rating: 4/5
The conflict between Lee and Admiral Adama seemed artificial. I don't think the Admiral would honestly doubt Lee's integrity and honor.
On the other hand, I found the episode strangely entertaining. Can't put my finger on it, though. Much better than the last two or three.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 19, 2007, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by :dragonflypro: View Post
I don't see how Saul could be a part of the Final 5. Adama knew him in the first Cylon War.
The final 5 are by nature different. We may find out they weren't created by the colonists.

finboy
Mar 19, 2007, 06:30 PM

I'm standing by my wormhole theory.
Good call. Me too.

That wormhole puts one flying right over the shark.

reader50
Administrator
Mar 19, 2007, 06:52 PM

For a moment, I thought the prosecution had a major problem. I remembered the general pardon Laura issued at the end of Collaborators. Might Baltar be covered?
Originally Posted by Laura Roslin
I am issuing a general pardon for every human being in this fleet.
It turns out Baltar wasn't in the Fleet at the time, and the pardon doesn't extend to cover those in the Cylon Fleet. So Baltar (and Bulldog) are the only humans currently in the fleet who could potentially be prosecuted for collaboration involving New Caprica.

I suppose Hera could also be charged; she wasn't in the Fleet when the pardon was issued. That assumes she's legally human. But she probably wasn't up to much conspiring on New Caprica, other than helping the diaper industry.
( Last edited by reader50; Mar 19, 2007 at 07:06 PM. )

greenamp
Mac Elite
Mar 19, 2007, 07:10 PM

The legal trial of Baltar is a little bit silly. Regardless of what he may or may not have done on New Caprica, the mere fact that he was with the Cylons after the evacuation, and was clearly there of his own volition (when he accompanied the Cylon party with D'anna and Caval to Galactica he made no attempts to flee them. If he were being held against his will he could have easily fled at that moment but made no attempt to do so), should be enough to at least convict him of treason. Annnyway...

Really good ep though. Didn't really dawn on me until later that unless they have a radio station broadcasting from within the fleet, that the old radio that Ty was puzzling over was possibly picking up signals from Earth. That doesn't tell us how far away they are though because we wouldn't know Earth's current time period in relation to the Fleet.

Innnnnerstink.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 19, 2007, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by finboy View Post
After watching the last two episodes, I'm kinda leaning toward the idea that BSG jumped the shark with the whole "algae planet" thingy.
The shark has been jumped.
Yep, the shark has been jumped. In a stealth Viper, no less. By Starbuck, who's a GIRL for crying out loud! Ah.
That wormhole puts one flying right over the shark.
So give us in 5 words or less your assessment of this show.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Mar 20, 2007, 05:03 AM

Ok, this has been bothering me all season. How can Galactica be understaffed and still be using old fighter craft all the time? Shouldn't they be up to full levels seeing how they took on all of Pegasis' crew and also all her fighters? Just my random thoughts.

bstone
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2007, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
Ok, this has been bothering me all season. How can Galactica be understaffed and still be using old fighter craft all the time? Shouldn't they be up to full levels seeing how they took on all of Pegasis' crew and also all her fighters? Just my random thoughts.
Racetrack said, "Too many pilots, not enough birds. Anything to stay in the air."
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

reader50
Administrator
Mar 20, 2007, 01:42 PM

Racetrack had to be referring to Raptors. She has since gotten her own bird back at least some of the time.

I don't think Galactica is understaffed any longer. Or short on Vipers, since they have Pegasus' compliment now, along with all the spares they manufactured on the Pegasus assembly line.

Some of the pilots seem to prefer the Mark II, such as Starbuck and Kat. Apollo on the other hand, seems to prefer the Mark VII.

note that Racetrack's comment came shortly after the evacuation. Later, they got a fresh Raptor when Athena & Caprica Six brought over a captured Raptor from the Cylons. That may be the one Racetrack got issued. Which apparently survived the bad-fuel problems & impact with Colonial One in Dirty Hands.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 20, 2007, 03:53 PM

I dunno, at the rate they've been burning through Raptors...

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 20, 2007, 11:54 PM

mrtew
Professional Poster
Mar 21, 2007, 06:37 AM

Wow in that picture she looks like she's perfect for Ms. Sommer's role herself. Maybe they'll switch... that was my favorite show back then (after BSG of course). I wonder if she'll be an evil bionic woman like that says or an actual Fembot???

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Mar 21, 2007, 08:02 AM

Racetrack had to be referring to Raptors. She has since gotten her own bird back at least some of the time.

I don't think Galactica is understaffed any longer. Or short on Vipers, since they have Pegasus' compliment now, along with all the spares they manufactured on the Pegasus assembly line.

Some of the pilots seem to prefer the Mark II, such as Starbuck and Kat. Apollo on the other hand, seems to prefer the Mark VII.

note that Racetrack's comment came shortly after the evacuation. Later, they got a fresh Raptor when Athena & Caprica Six brought over a captured Raptor from the Cylons. That may be the one Racetrack got issued. Which apparently survived the bad-fuel problems & impact with Colonial One in Dirty Hands.
What about the deck hands? There were those couple of eps where they seemed to be short deck hands and whatnot. And seeing as how they have so many pilots and ships, you'd think they'd get that second hanger deck working....

Or so you'd think.

finboy
Mar 21, 2007, 10:55 AM

So give us in 5 words or less your assessment of this show.
Yeah, kind of frustrating. I've got to review the last couple of episodes, though, to make sure I didn't miss anything.

It's just disappointing to see a show so well written and generally well acted (excluding Starbuck and Apollo) walk the path of the Great White.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Mar 21, 2007, 11:30 AM

Yeah, kind of frustrating. I've got to review the last couple of episodes, though, to make sure I didn't miss anything.

It's just disappointing to see a show so well written and generally well acted (excluding Starbuck and Apollo) walk the path of the Great White.
You don't like Starbuck and Apollo's acting? I think they're at least OK most of the time.

I think the most versatile is Baltar, and the least convincing is Boomer, aside from some of the temp actors like that prosecuting attorney. She made her characterer very uninteresting IMO.

I'm quite impressed with Six (Helfer) though. She isn't necessarily the best actor on the show, but she's much better than I thought she'd be considering she's not really a trained actor, and grew up as a model.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 21, 2007, 11:34 AM

I would think the main BSG actors would have contracts that would protect them from being booted off the show just like that. Perhaps the writers promised Starbuck that they would give her Bionic woman to make up for axing her from BSG for a short while.

We all know she is coming back one way or another.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Mar 21, 2007, 12:00 PM

I would think the main BSG actors would have contracts that would protect them from being booted off the show just like that.
I was under the impression from the podcasts, that there were no such guarantees. I do also remember seeing some interview where some actors were saying that when they got the scripts, they sometimes jumped to the end to make sure they were still alive.

BTW, one of the secondary characters (Kat, one of the pilots), found out her character died by reading the script.

You were at the airport when you read the script for "The Passage" where Kat gets killed?

No... No, I was at the airport on my way to shoot "Unfinished Business", which was the boxing episode right before and my roommate... The script got sent to my apartment and my roommate opened the envelope and got nosy and read the script and started saying: "Oh my Gosh!". She called me and said: "Oh my Gosh this episode is all about you! They're going to shoot the half..." and I was like: "Oh my Gosh, oh my Gosh... Tell me what else happens?". She started reading it and a lot of information started coming out about Kat's past, which kind of started making, you know... It kind of made me nervous, because I was like: "Wow, that's a lot of info!" and I said: "Can you do me a favor? Can you read me the last page (laughing) of this script?" and she's like:"Sure!". She went to the last page and went "...and then your picture gets hung up on the memorial wall" and I was like: "WHAT?!? That means I'm dead!". That's how I found out. (laughing)

Oh my goodness...

It wasn't sad, don't think that. It wasn't their intention to let me find out like that. I didn't get a phone call from all the producers. I got a conference call and they did apologize. That script ended up getting to me way earlier then it was supposed to. Their intention was to call me and let me know personally, but unfortunately that script got to me a little early. So when they did call me, I was on the phone with my mother, mourning the death of my character (both laughing) and I answered the other line and there was Ron [Moore], David [Eick] and Harvey [Frand]... I was like (imitating crying voice): "Hello?" and they were like: "Did you get over it?". (imitating crying voice): "I'm mourning, this is a bad time!" (both laughing). Yeah...

Perhaps the writers promised Starbuck that they would give her Bionic woman to make up for axing her from BSG for a short while.
Yeah maybe.

We all know she is coming back one way or another.
Most definitely. There wasn't enough of a conclusion for her.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 21, 2007, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
I was under the impression from the podcasts, that there were no such guarantees. I do also remember seeing some interview where some actors were saying that when they got the scripts, they sometimes jumped to the end to make sure they were still alive.
First season and secondary characters perhaps. But by 3rd season the main actors would definitely get a contract for at least 2 years.

Kat was practically a C list cast member so I am not surprised she found out the hard way.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 21, 2007, 03:27 PM

Oh dear lord. I just watched the trailer for next week with anders flat out saying "It's true, we're Cylons" with flashes of Adama and some others.

Unless there is a damn good story behind that I think the show just jumped the shark for me in one damn episode.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Mar 21, 2007, 03:36 PM

Oh dear lord. I just watched the trailer for next week with anders flat out saying "It's true, we're Cylons" with flashes of Adama and some others.

Unless there is a damn good story behind that I think the show just jumped the shark for me in one damn episode.
Without context, that's meaningless.

First season and secondary characters perhaps. But by 3rd season the main actors would definitely get a contract for at least 2 years.
How would know what their contracts are? Hell, the series itself wasn't even picked up for 2 years.

Forum Links
Forum Rules