Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Any updates on the sound issue for bootcamp?

Any updates on the sound issue for bootcamp?
cold aspiration
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2006, 01:33 AM

Hey everyone,

So I am aware of the fact that the sound when using boot camp will come through the internal speakers regardless of whatever is plugged in to the line out / headphone port on the mac. As of now I am in a setting where this type of sound willl disturb others around me, I have been looking for people who have found a way to get this problem solved so the sound will come through the headphones only when using boot camp.

I know in the past I have read some posters reporting success with some other drivers for the sound card.. Or something along the lines? I tried searching this but didn't get anything.

Anybody care to shed some light on this topic? I don't want to have to wait for Leopard just to get this fixed (which they better have fixed by then). Thanks!

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 23, 2006, 10:51 AM

I was under the impression that BC 1.1 or 1.1.1 fixed that... Have you tried updating your drivers with the latest and greatest from Apple?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Sep 23, 2006, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter
I was under the impression that BC 1.1 or 1.1.1 fixed that... Have you tried updating your drivers with the latest and greatest from Apple?
Yep, no problems like this under Boot Camp 1.1.x.

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Sep 23, 2006, 03:09 PM

huh, I just did a streamlined install and I have the sound issue... if someone can show me how to install the new drivers that would be awesome!

I installed and burned a bootcamp 1.1.1 driver CD, but I had to manually install the reltek driver myself...

Zach

alligator
Mac Elite
Sep 23, 2006, 06:13 PM

I too have the sound issue with Bootcamp 1.1.1 - and I installed drivers after the fact with no effect. Help!

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 23, 2006, 07:59 PM

Look at this thread. The process is the same for whatever component, just remember to look for the appropriate (in this case sound) driver.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

alligator
Mac Elite
Sep 24, 2006, 09:19 AM

Now that's what I call a productive response to a thread!

Forum Links
Forum Rules