Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > My New Kitty (pix)

My New Kitty (pix) (Page 2)
xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 4, 2005, 12:19 PM

Originally posted by SOLIDAge:
well i woke up this morning and can't find the cat.
he was in the kitchen, but now he isn't and i have NO idea where he coulda gone.

i know he's a cat, an scared and hiding, but i'm still worried.
Well, he's probably alright. Cats can sometimes hide until they're ready to be found. My cat will disappear somewhere in our house, and I won't be able to find him regardless of how long I search. Then, he'll suddenly appear out of nowhere, sitting in the middle of the room as if he was there all along.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 4, 2005, 12:27 PM

he was in the kitchen, but now he isn't and i have NO idea where he coulda gone.

He's fine -- don't worry. He'll pop outta somewhere when he's ready (read: hungry enough).

Just make sure to keep doors and such open so you don't accidentally lock him in somewhere (cabinets, too, if he could have gotten in those).

Maury
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 4, 2005, 12:31 PM

Originally posted by xi_hyperon:
Well, he's probably alright. Cats can sometimes hide until they're ready to be found. My cat will disappear somewhere in our house, and I won't be able to find him regardless of how long I search. Then, he'll suddenly appear out of nowhere, sitting in the middle of the room as if he was there all along.
When I really think I need to find Uno -- yes, as big as he is, even he can hid to where it's hard to find him -- all I have to do is stand in the kitchen and say "treats?" In a matter of seconds, he appears from nowhere.

Maury
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

SOLIDAge  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 4, 2005, 12:47 PM

Originally posted by RAILhead:
When I really think I need to find Uno -- yes, as big as he is, even he can hid to where it's hard to find him -- all I have to do is stand in the kitchen and say "treats?" In a matter of seconds, he appears from nowhere.

Maury
sadly this doesn't work just yet as he only ate one treat and im sure has no idea what it is.

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Feb 4, 2005, 12:49 PM

Be sure to keep us updated! But it is normal that little kitties are afraid, mine was scared, too, and now she sits on the vacuum cleaner while it's running!

here's a picture how she made her first time when I had her:

engaged super cute! A brother of my cat looked very similar to those!

bells0
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 4, 2005, 01:08 PM

This is JayKay, our 3 year old Devon Rex, he is a house cat due to the amount he cost and lack of normal fur! Cutest thing in the World and very attention seeking!

nerd
Senior User
Feb 4, 2005, 01:13 PM

Not to get you worried but this happened to my cats when I first got them. I came home from work and looked all over the place. The only other place I could think to look was behind the refrigerator. They crawled behind it and then under it. I got my neighbor to help me get them out.

villalobos
Mac Elite
Feb 4, 2005, 01:31 PM

As everybody mentioned, cats will hide very well. And will eventually pop out of nowhere, looking for food, or love.
This reminds me of my older cat who one day, in my previous appartment, went into a kitchen cabinet next to the dishwasher. Turns out there was a way to go behind the dishwasher, then into some dark and remote corners of the appartment behind the walls. We were so baffled to hear our cat meowing from behind the drywall!!! After 30 min of intense searching we determined that somehow he was behind the drywall, had no idea how he did it, and certainly no idea on how to get him out of there, short of taking down the drywall.... He eventually got out on his own thanksfully. Crazy cat!

villalobos
Mac Elite
Feb 4, 2005, 01:34 PM

Originally posted by andreas_g4:
Very, very nice kitties. I don't think you need to get other photos (you mean the photos, right? :-)), these are really good. Capturing cats as beautiful as they are is a hard one!
Thanks for the kind words. My (expensive) digital camera has a lot to do with the quality of the pictures.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2005, 11:00 AM

Here's a picture of Yoda, my hairless Sphynx.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2005, 11:03 AM

he has yet to been named yet, but it will most likely be Z or Zinc.

He is VERY scared right now, and i'm just letting do his thing alone in the kitchen.

This is my first cat, and i'm kinda new at this whole process of making him welcomed and not as scared.

i know it just takes time, but hes so cute and i just want to snuggle with him heheh but he doesn't like the idea of being picked up right now.
awww its so cute
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2005, 11:03 AM

Originally posted by Cadaver:
Here's a picture of Yoda, my hairless Sphynx.

AHHHHHH ITS SO UGLY
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

Montezuma58
Senior User
Feb 5, 2005, 11:35 AM

Zira

nate_02
Senior User
Feb 5, 2005, 11:44 AM

Originally posted by turtle777:

What happened THEN ?

-t
Not much, he just likes to play in the water...just have to make sure it's flushed!
-nate

DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Feb 5, 2005, 12:02 PM

No pix right now: 2 cats, 18Lbs or so... random mixed breed... Toby and "Chairman Mao"

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

meelk
Baninated
Feb 5, 2005, 12:02 PM

Originally posted by engaged:
Here's our new additions - Fraoch and Bruar:

At nine weeks

And at eighteen weeks
More pics of you and less of the chick (you?) and less of the cats!

forkies
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2005, 12:07 PM

omg cats being "cute" make me want to puke

Mystical, magical, amazing! | Part 2 | The spread of Christianity is our goal. -Railroader

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2005, 12:51 PM

Originally posted by forkies:
omg cats being "cute" make me want to puke
Having a bad-hair day?

meelk
Baninated
Feb 5, 2005, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by meelk:
haha. wow I really screwed that up, I can tell its Saturday.

More pics of the chick (you?) and less of the cats

*fixed

demograph68
Professional Poster
Feb 5, 2005, 01:21 PM

I didn't mean to cause any harm.

forkies
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2005, 02:00 PM

Originally posted by demograph68:
honestly, i consider that deal a win-win situation

Mystical, magical, amazing! | Part 2 | The spread of Christianity is our goal. -Railroader

Krypton
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2005, 02:30 PM

Mafia
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2005, 02:48 PM

http://www.mafia-designs.com

engaged
Location: Close to the sea and a place with a big, big castle...
Feb 5, 2005, 03:41 PM

Originally posted by meelk:
It's not me - it's my little (well, she's 29) sister. I've got testicles last time I checked, sorry...

nerd
Senior User
Feb 5, 2005, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by engaged:
It's not me - it's my little (well, she's 29) sister. I've got testicles last time I checked, sorry...

esXXI
Senior User
Feb 5, 2005, 05:39 PM

(Tibs - Died in 2004. )

(Thomas - Fat softy )

Click either for 1600x1200 versions.

agentz
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2005, 05:41 PM

Here are my two kitties...

Kaia, the she-cat from hell with PermaPussyPMT�

And Lucky, the he-cat who's normally very placid but has gotten into a few scrapes recently - he came home with this scratch one day

They're both about six years old now.
MI5 doesn't do evil. Just treachery, treason and armageddon.

Scifience
Mac Elite
Feb 6, 2005, 07:20 PM

My cat, Tucker, a few years ago at Christmas. I have newer pictures, that one was just already on my web server.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2005, 07:26 PM

Tucker seems to be enjoying Christmas.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2005, 09:37 PM

Originally posted by wdlove:
Tucker seems to be enjoying Christmas.
...and the WHOLE christmas turkey, by the looks of it

Scifience
Mac Elite
Feb 6, 2005, 09:38 PM

Originally posted by Cadaver:
...and the WHOLE christmas turkey, by the looks of it
Yep, she's just a *bit* overweight.

SOLIDAge  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 6, 2005, 11:05 PM

So my Kitty decided today after 3 days of not eating that today was going to be the day he ate his food...and he ate ALOT.

he also decided to have some CatNip today, and i was there to document this.
http://solidage.com/google/catnip.MOV

he now explores while we're in the room, moving a little around the room then running back and hiding, very cute...he's certainly coming out of his shell slowly but surely.

He jsut sat with me and my roomates and their friends eating up the affection and attention and purring up a storm.

MilkmanDan
Mac Elite
Feb 6, 2005, 11:15 PM

Wilson.

Scifience
Mac Elite
Feb 6, 2005, 11:19 PM

Originally posted by MilkmanDan:
Wilson.

Cute

<offtopic>Isn't that Logitech MX900 a nice mouse? I love mine as I can easily switch it between desktop and laptop.</offtopic>

MilkmanDan
Mac Elite
Feb 7, 2005, 12:17 AM

Originally posted by Scifience:
Cute

<offtopic>Isn't that Logitech MX900 a nice mouse? I love mine as I can easily switch it between desktop and laptop.</offtopic>
Why yes, it is. Very handy for those of us who want Bluetooth, 7 buttons, and a big mouse for big hands. Too bad it has no OS X support, though you can program it in most applications (games) and set up expose with it. Which is all that matters. Though it does need an 'off' switch for traveling. The only downside.

(And Wilson is sooooooo big now. Like, a super big cat.)

Thorin
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 7, 2005, 06:21 AM

There's a not particularly great pic of my Mum's cat daisy.

My girlfriend and I are hoping to buy a house in the summer, and we're thinking about getting a cat then. We think it'd probably have to be a house cat though, as it won't be that nice an area we'll be living. What are peoples views on house cats?

I think if it's a house cat from being a kitten, then it's not necessarily a major problem, my girlfriend thinks it's a bit on the cruel side though.
12" Rev B PB

ryaxnb
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 7, 2005, 06:35 AM

Originally posted by nredman:

my cat, shadow. i think i have posted this picture about 5 times now oh well i love that little guy.
Ahem that's my cat, Katie.

http://homepage.mac.com/ryaxnb2/pich.jpg
|
Bigger and higher quality version at link.
Trainiable is to cat as ability to live without food is to human.
Steveis... said: "What would scammers do with this info..." talking about a debit card number!

bells0
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 7, 2005, 10:47 AM

Originally posted by Thorin:

There's a not particularly great pic of my Mum's cat daisy.

My girlfriend and I are hoping to buy a house in the summer, and we're thinking about getting a cat then. We think it'd probably have to be a house cat though, as it won't be that nice an area we'll be living. What are peoples views on house cats?

I think if it's a house cat from being a kitten, then it's not necessarily a major problem, my girlfriend thinks it's a bit on the cruel side though.
Our cat is a house cat [see pic of Jaykay a few posts up], but his Pedigree [Devon Rex] are usually bred as house bound cats. Due to his lack of full fur, he would freeze in our UK winters, and is happy as larry to run around our 3 floor house. They have a tendancy to try and get on top of anything though, so need to keep valuables secure!! Hasnt clawed a single thing though. They are such a loving breed and need lots of attention though, is like having a little baby around the house!

Scifience
Mac Elite
Feb 7, 2005, 11:27 AM

Our cat, Tucker, is also a house cat. She doesn't seem to mind at all, never tries to dart out of the house via an open door, and seems content that her only experience with the outdoors is from inside the safety of her carrier or from laying in the sunshine on a windowsill.

We decided not to let her outside simply because we know too many people who have had their cats run over by cars or trucks. Outdoor cats don't have as long a life expectancy as indoor cats do, either.

Scifience
Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2005, 01:04 PM

A more recent picture of Tucker, lying in (where else?) a pile of laundry.

Josh Reid
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 8, 2005, 02:28 PM

Originally posted by esXXI:

(Tibs - Died in 2004. )
Wow!! That cat is a BAD-ASS!! He/she looks like he/she's just giving that look like "Please. Just *TRY* to f*** with my ass and you'll be very sorry." He/she looks like he/she's got an ENORMOUS head...is it just the pic??

-Josh

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2005, 03:00 PM

House cats=happy, clean, and relatively disease and danger free cats. A domesticated cat has no idea is used to be an "outside" cat. In fact, all of our cats have been too scared to even GO outside when given the opportunity.

Outside, they can eat to too much grass and puke in the house, get ticks, fleas, diseases (like distemper, feline leukemia and aids), infections from scratches, poisoned, run over, stolen, etc. There's nothing whatsoever cruel about raising a cat to be an indoor cat at all.

I will never, ever have another outside cat in my life, no matter what. Having to clean up our cat's remains after she got ran over in front of our house was almost too much to bear. Never again will I put my pet or myself into that potential situation.

Maury

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2005, 05:39 PM

Originally posted by ryaxnb:
Ahem that's my cat, Katie.

my cat is far cutier then yours just kidding when i got him i really wanted an orange cat because i had an orange cat growing up. but now if i ever get another cat i think it will be black.
( Last edited by nredman; Feb 8, 2005 at 05:52 PM. )

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Mr Kino
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 9, 2005, 02:22 AM

My precious Kitty Kirina

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Feb 9, 2005, 04:07 AM

Here's just one of my 6 cats. Yes, you heard correctly. SIX.

I have three longhaired cats that get groomed about every 6 weeks or so. This is one of them after coming home from the "spa."

PuroAqua
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 9, 2005, 09:11 AM

This is our "Tiny" (well now she isn't that tiny anymore
Now she is more like a tiger..defends her garden against big male-cats :-D

(according to this pic it seems to be unbelievable)

greetings
dee

------------------
www.rainbowdee.de

macintologist
Professional Poster
Feb 9, 2005, 10:05 AM

This is Tiger, who turned 13 last September. He's been sticking out his tongue a lot lately

esXXI
Senior User
Feb 9, 2005, 10:33 AM

Originally posted by Josh Reid:
Wow!! That cat is a BAD-ASS!! He/she looks like he/she's just giving that look like "Please. Just *TRY* to f*** with my ass and you'll be very sorry." He/she looks like he/she's got an ENORMOUS head...is it just the pic??

-Josh
Hehe, that's what he was like! He only used to sit on/let me fuss him if I was wearin' one of my sweaters. Otherwise he'd tear your arm off.

Montezuma58
Senior User
Feb 12, 2005, 10:10 AM

Proof that cats are professional sleepers:

Click here if you need the inside of your monitor cleaned.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2005, 06:22 PM

Originally posted by macintologist:
This is Tiger, who turned 13 last September. He's been sticking out his tongue a lot lately

my cat does that too but he doesn't stick it out that far that is cute

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Forum Links
Forum Rules