Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Moving iTunes Music from PC to Mac Revisited

Moving iTunes Music from PC to Mac Revisited
idrunk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 29, 2007, 02:36 PM

Posted in reference to this old thread...

Originally Posted by RevEvs View Post
OK.

1. Calm Down

2. You can use a crossover cable - both plugs are identical, so i dont know why you say you cant.

3. On the mac go to System Preferences/Sharing -> then turn on Windows Sharing

4. On the PC, browse to My Network Computers (or its View Workgroup Computers, on the left somewhere)

You should see your Mac, you can the browse the files (once you enter your mac username/password)
great instruction (espeically number 1), but im finding after i click view workgroup connections, my pc tells me "Mshome is not accesible. You might not have persmission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. the list of servers for this workgroup is not currently avaliable."

im the only user of this pc, do i have to log on as an admisitrator? ive never set this up before. it might be a simple, dumb question, but i dont know where to go from here. is there any help out there?
( Last edited by ghporter; Dec 29, 2007 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Pared this post -OP brought back a VERY old thread.)

Forum Links
Forum Rules