Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Woohoo, Just Ordered my 17" MacBook Pro

Woohoo, Just Ordered my 17" MacBook Pro
GraphicLounge.co.uk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2006, 08:01 PM

I have done it guys, I have finally ordered my first ever Mac. I am a PC User and have decided to jump ship. I must admit I will still be using my desktop PC to test my websites and stuff on.

I am soooo excited and didn't where to go so I came here. I have gone for the Ultimate 17" MBP, I cant wait to get in my hands...mind you from what i've heard the last MBP's were very hot so I think I may use a desk....

I was going to wait a few weeks after it came out to see if there were any problems with the early releases but then the other half of me said "go on, you know you want it now"...........
( Last edited by GraphicLounge.co.uk; Oct 28, 2006 at 08:11 PM. )

cbrfanatic
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2006, 08:08 PM

Congrats, i jumped ship last november, and ill never look back.

hookem2oo7
Senior User
Oct 28, 2006, 08:09 PM

i've been onboard since october of last year...welcome to the party

HazelGirl
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 28, 2006, 08:36 PM

I switched lass december after thinking about it for over a year and using Macs at university for two years. I absolutely love it and don't plan on ever going back.
Mac Mini G4 1.33 Ghz:40GBhf, 512MBRAM, 32MBVRAM
MBP 15.4' 2.33Ghz:160GBhd, 2GBRAM, 256MBVRAM
iMac 24' 2.4 Ghz, 300GBhd, 2GBRAM, 256MBVRAM
80GB iPod Classic (black)

macboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 28, 2006, 09:40 PM

Congrats on your new toy! Let us know what you think of it when you get it. Im thinking of upgrading to a 17" MBP myself from my trusty 17" PB. Although Im still hoping for a case re-design, but who knows when that'll happen.

cypark621
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2006, 09:47 PM

did you get yours glossy or matte?

kerisabe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2006, 09:59 AM

Ull enjoy your MBP! Got mine last month! Exactly a month and a week ago! Im loving it.. my first mac too.
REPLACING THE DEFECTED iMAC 24" ---> 24" Eizo CG241W screen | 8-core 2.8Ghz Mac Pro | 8GB | 320GB 7200rpm | 500GB 7200rpm | NVIDiA 8800GT 512MB |
NEWLY RECRUITED and RETURNED -->24" iMac | 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo | 4GB | 500 GB 7200rpm | FW400+800 | DL DVD-RW |
RETIRED -->17" GL MacBookPro | 2.16Ghz | 2GB | SD | 120Gb 5400rpm | FW400+800 | DL DVD-RW |

hldan
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2006, 11:29 AM

Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the Mac community! They call us Mac zealots but it comes very natural. After using Microsoft Windows and then switching to the Mac system you become hypnotized and realized that you should have done this long ago.

Yeah, I switched way before OSX. I came to the Mac community back during the Mac OS 8.5 days. I was done with Windows 98, couldn't take the pain anymore. Microsoft kept promising plug and play but all I did was plug and PRAY. I didn't need OSX's pretty face to make me realize how much better the Mac system is.
Let us know your experience and any help or assistance that you need.
( Last edited by hldan; Oct 29, 2006 at 11:33 AM. Reason: mispelling)
iMac 24" 2.8 Ghz Core 2 Extreme
500GB HDD
4GB Ram
Proud new Owner!

GraphicLounge.co.uk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 30, 2006, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by cypark621 View Post
did you get yours glossy or matte?
I got the matte screen after everyone slagging off the glossy screen......admittedly, I quite like the glossy one.

GraphicLounge.co.uk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 30, 2006, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by hldan View Post
Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the Mac community! They call us Mac zealots but it comes very natural. After using Microsoft Windows and then switching to the Mac system you become hypnotized and realized that you should have done this long ago.

Yeah, I switched way before OSX. I came to the Mac community back during the Mac OS 8.5 days. I was done with Windows 98, couldn't take the pain anymore. Microsoft kept promising plug and play but all I did was plug and PRAY. I didn't need OSX's pretty face to make me realize how much better the Mac system is.
Let us know your experience and any help or assistance that you need.
Cheers mate, I really appreciate your offer of help.

Forum Links
Forum Rules