Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Lebanese Anti-Syrian Christian Politician assassinated...

Lebanese Anti-Syrian Christian Politician assassinated...
Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2006, 02:04 PM

Story

I thought that his father's comment was pretty telling of the stark contrast between Islamic reactionary violence and Christianity's response...

A stunned-looking Amin Gemayel, speaking to journalists outside the hospital, said his son "died as a martyr for his cause." He urged his supporters not to take vengeance.

Pierre Capretz II
Nov 21, 2006, 02:23 PM

Surprise, they have been doing this for years.
The syrian army destroyed my home. They were dirty savage beasts, urinating and defacating all over my family's precious belongings.
Between hizballah and the syrian forces, aids looks appealing.

marden
Baninated
Nov 21, 2006, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pierre Capretz II View Post
Surprise, they have been doing this for years.
The syrian army destroyed my home. They were dirty savage beasts, urinating and defacating all over my family's precious belongings.
Between hizballah and the syrian forces, aids looks appealing.
According to many of the posters here hezbollah isn't much of a threat.

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2006, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by marden View Post
You are right. The assassination of Gemayel is clear proof that America is in clear, and imminent danger.

Peter, my symparthies for the horrors you and your family was submitted. Hopefully, Justice will one day be done.

Pierre Capretz II
Nov 21, 2006, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by marden View Post
MacNN is the last place to go for the truth. Hizballah, Syria, Iran are different prongs of the same fork. If they end up toppling the pro-USA Lebanese gov't, it will be a disaster.

What once was the last Christian stronghold and the most progressive and beautiful country in the Middle East is due for another round of civil war and instability.

Through assassinations, the radical islamic factions will ultimately get the voting power they so desire in Lebanon's parlaiment. They are sick and sub human.
Once this is achieved, you will see this new-found position of influence and power be used against the United States as leverage. Israel- you are next.

As a Christian, I am disgusted, sad, and hopeless.
( Last edited by Pierre Capretz II; Nov 21, 2006 at 08:22 PM. )

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2006, 08:14 PM

That sucks. It als seems to be the nature of radical Islam.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2006, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tuoder View Post
That sucks. It als seems to be the nature of radical Islam.
In another year or two, if things don't change, I bet the terms 'radical', 'militant', and 'fundamentalist' will no longer preceed 'Muslim' & 'Islam' in the description of world events.

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2006, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy View Post
In another year or two, if things don't change, I bet the terms 'radical', 'militant', and 'fundamentalist' will no longer preceed 'Muslim' & 'Islam' in the description of world events.
What do you mean? You think that Islam itself will be vilified, or that what is now radical will become mainstream?

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2006, 09:28 PM

It's gonna be called "Spliffdaddy". That's what he meant.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2006, 09:32 PM

What do you mean? You think that Islam itself will be vilified, or that what is now radical will become mainstream?
I worded my post badly.

What I meant to say is the distinction between 'radical' Islam and plain old Islam will cease to exist. People will simply equate Islam as being bad.

What is 'moderate' anyhow? By definition, it seems to mean that it has the potential for being 'radical', but is holding back.

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2006, 09:37 PM

I worded my post badly.

What I meant to say is the distinction between 'radical' Islam and plain old Islam will cease to exist. People will simply equate Islam as being bad.

What is 'moderate' anyhow? By definition, it seems to mean that it has the potential for being 'radical', but is holding back.
Or pushing to be more estreme, but fails.

Atomic Rooster
Nov 21, 2006, 09:43 PM

I give up. Turn the sand to glass. **** it!

marden
Baninated
Nov 21, 2006, 10:08 PM

I worded my post badly.

Great post!

If the moderates existed and really felt strongly against the extremists why wouldn't they stand up?

They'd have no problem protesting cartoons. Or criticizing those who are doing what THEY SHOULD be doing i.e. criticizing jihad!

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 21, 2006, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Pierre Capretz II View Post
MacNN is the last place to go for the truth. Hizballah, Syria, Iran are different prongs of the same fork. If they end up toppling the pro-USA Lebanese gov't, it will be a disaster.
see my post here: http://forums.macnn.com/95/political...el#post1578940

And tell me that MacNN isn't a home for the truth.

We know that Syria, HizbAllah, Iran are the same tine on the fork, and that Hamas and Fatah are separate tines on the same fork.

What once was the last Christian stronghold and the most progressive and beautiful country in the Middle East is due for another round of civil war and instability.
Paris of the mid-east. Which goes to show how fragile beautiful things are when they fall into the hands of tyrants like HizbAllah, Iran, Syria, and their true believers.

Damascus was a good vacation spot in the earlier portion of the 20th century - look at how far it has fallen.
Through assassinations, the radical islamic factions will ultimately get the voting power they so desire in Lebanon's parlaiment. They are sick and sub human.
Once this is achieved, you will see this new-found position of influence and power be used against the United States as leverage. Israel- you are next.
The assassination of another generation of Gemayel family just shows us that all that is old is new again- that if you do not address and demolish the hopes of terrorists in one era you will face them again until you do.

Hamas is threatening America, HizbAllah is threatening Lebanon and Israel acting as Iran's proxy with Syrian support, and America knows HizbAllah - after all HizbAllah told the world in 1982 that they did not wish to negotiate, they wished to kill.

As a Christian, I am disgusted, sad, and hopeless.
No, be hopeful. Give HizbAllah hopelessness - make them the disgusted and deny them success. Give Syria hopelessness. Bring back the Cedar revolution. March in the streets. Break the bomb rooms that HizbAllah built and sealed into apartments for the purpose of firing into Israel, and remove them, so that HizbAllah loses both military capability as well as support. Fight back.

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2006, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
I give up. Turn the sand to glass. **** it!
I have heard that sentiment quite a bit. People who say that aren't neccessarily joking. That kind of thing scares me.

Taliesin
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2006, 06:26 AM

A truly sick way to influence lebanese politics. It's obvious that the group that assassinated the lebanese industry-minister wants to bring down the government before the UN-tribunal comes into effect.

The shiite-ministers already withdrew, and another christian minister withdrew, but it was not enough, two other ministers had to go to down the government, now one christian minister was assassinated, just one to go, till the government can't govern anymore.

Obviously the assassination was done by a pro-Syria group, maybe even by some syrian agents, but also possible and likely that it was a Hezbollah-group.

Respect, though, to the father of the murdered minister for discouraging revenge.

Taliesin

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 22, 2006, 11:16 AM

What would it take to get all those people to live in peace with each other?

All I can think of is "a common enemy".

But I don't know who or what that would be.

In the US we have a common enemy. We call it France.

marden
Baninated
Nov 22, 2006, 12:19 PM

I have heard that sentiment quite a bit. People who say that aren't neccessarily joking. That kind of thing scares me.
I hear you.

How scary would it be if some American cities were vaporized?

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 22, 2006, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
A truly sick way to influence lebanese politics. It's obvious that the group that assassinated the lebanese industry-minister wants to bring down the government before the UN-tribunal comes into effect.

The shiite-ministers already withdrew, and another christian minister withdrew, but it was not enough, two other ministers had to go to down the government, now one christian minister was assassinated, just one to go, till the government can't govern anymore.

Obviously the assassination was done by a pro-Syria group, maybe even by some syrian agents, but also possible and likely that it was a Hezbollah-group.

Respect, though, to the father of the murdered minister for discouraging revenge.

Taliesin
What distinction is there to be made between a pro-Syrian group, syrian agents, and HizbAllah?

Forum Links
Forum Rules