Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > .dmg Torrent not downloading

.dmg Torrent not downloading
BigSim
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 23, 2006, 08:28 AM

I'm downloading a large torrent. I'm up to 99.85%, but have been stuck here for about two days, since it seems no seeders have the remaining 0.15%. Is there any software I can download from somewhere to repair the .dmg and get it to mount?

kick52
Baninated
Dec 23, 2006, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by BigSim View Post
I'm downloading a large torrent. I'm up to 99.85%, but have been stuck here for about two days, since it seems no seeders have the remaining 0.15%. Is there any software I can download from somewhere to repair the .dmg and get it to mount?
probably not.

if you dont have the data, you cant magicly get the data with some magical app. :/

Hi I'm Ben
Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2006, 10:48 AM

If an app like that even existed it would probably cost more than the program you're trying (and failing) to pirate.

BigSim  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 24, 2006, 01:25 AM

Thanks kick52, I figured that, but I didn't know if there was something that would kind of fill in the last few gaps, so I thought I'd ask anyway.

Hi I'm Ben, I think it sucks that you automatically jump to the conclusion of piracy. There are a lot of open source apps (as I'm sure you're aware) that are better available from other people than from any website.

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Dec 24, 2006, 03:46 AM

Yes but open source apps have permanent seeders and won't stop downloading at 98.8%

RevEvs
Mac Elite
Dec 24, 2006, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by BigSim View Post
Thanks kick52, I figured that, but I didn't know if there was something that would kind of fill in the last few gaps, so I thought I'd ask anyway.

Hi I'm Ben, I think it sucks that you automatically jump to the conclusion of piracy. There are a lot of open source apps (as I'm sure you're aware) that are better available from other people than from any website.
True

Let us know what the dmg is and maybe we someone can seed it for you
I free'd my mind... now it won't come back.

Forum Links
Forum Rules